70 Rescuer update

James Fischer

PCS Member
Just a few pictures to show ..progress is slow...but progress :)

Next week they will tackle both fenders.....

70RescuerBodyShop015_zps8afe067d.jpg

bth_70RescuerBodyShop006_zpsc1090b0a.jpg

70RescuerBodyShop003_zps83baf0d0.jpg

70RescuerBodyShop008_zpsa8dcde58.jpg

couda

been mine for 500 more. im too cheap. but at least a friend got it. great progress jim. gonna be a fine car. 3 beacons, q2, 2 cp25's. be still my fluttering heart. can't wait till it's painted. excellent job jim. car could not have gone to a better home. hopefully about the time it's finished i will be on vacation and can catch a ride around the block and think of what could have been here in my garage. jealousy is a sin and i'm a bad sinner. gonna go polish some hubcaps now and kick my self in the ass one more time. keep us updated jim.

I must admit i strongly considered this one as well... I have to much to handle myself tho.. Glad somebody got her that is giving her the care she deserves..

been mine for 500 more. im too cheap. but at least a friend got it. great progress jim. gonna be a fine car. 3 beacons, q2, 2 cp25's. be still my fluttering heart. can't wait till it's painted. excellent job jim. car could not have gone to a better home. hopefully about the time it's finished i will be on vacation and can catch a ride around the block and think of what could have been here in my garage. jealousy is a sin and i'm a bad sinner. gonna go polish some hubcaps now and kick my self in the ass one more time. keep us updated jim.

Kyle,
Looking in my crystal ball: "I do see that there IS one out there for you...but you must be patient......it is coming....coming....coming.......";)
As far as the 3 beacons,q2 and cp25s'......I dont know......It seems the mounts for the early Superiors are very difficult to find,both for the speakers and the Q2.....as a matter of fact I looked here on the board under classy Cadillacs and found only maybe 2-3 70's with a Q and/or cp25's...the rest looked to have electronic with speakers under hood.....I DID see a few units with B&M's though......If I cant find mounts maybe I will just install a Mars 888....will see.....I have time yet for that...in the meantime I can keep searching....:rolleyes:

I just located a 1969 Superior High Top ambulance last week, and unlike some others, this one is for sale. Just need to make some time to go look at it. I already have too many cars, and not enough room for them all, so it is going to headed out to someone else.

Now that everyone has filled up my PM box asking how to get a hold of the seller, if I am not interested. First let me say that I spoke to the owner once about the car, and when I asked about condition, he said to come and look at it. I need to do this first. Then I have a few people that have asked me to "keep an eye out for an ambulance for them", so I will need to contact them, before I take on any more names. The person that told me about the car, also told me that this person is difficult to deal with, and he never sells anything cheap, except when he needs money. My friend waited almost 3 years until he was able to buy the car that he was after, so this isn't going to happen quickly. I learned about the car when I was looking for an alternator for my 1969.

70 Resuer update

Just wanted to post a few photos of the progress on the 70...
The rust has been cut out and replaced with new metal on both fenders....the hood was taken down to metal and the 2 dings repaired,,,the rear door had all the pitting taken out along with a long scratch.....
Next week she will be shot wih another coat of primer along with a finish primer,...and the paint SHOULD go on the week after next....or at least thats what the plans are....:rolleyes:
Thanks for looking....

041_zps60bd6883.jpg

047_zps231bbab2.jpg

048_zps9a7ad260.jpg

043_zps22ae1061.jpg

050_zps5b008fdc.jpg

Last edited:
first of all it a superior. I will tell you if you don't have them take that trim off the top of the quarters at least you will live to regret it. thats the seam between the fiberglass and the steel panel. and they are vary bad for the sealer drying out and falling off. it a snap over set of stamped clips screwed threw the panel that hold it in place and some had a slid in for the first front one. coming out of Colorado them being to rusty to hold the molding back on should not be a problem. I understand the reluctance to mess with that stuff you can't get parts for. but I have aways found them a source of rust streaks and water getting into the quarters.

expert is back!!!

makes my heart feel good to see posts from ed. realized i was having withdrawal symptoms from not having free info on things i didnt even know i needed to know! but i need to know! thanks ed, glad your back!

70 Rescuer Update

Well after 3 months since the last pictures and a few minor setbacks the 70 is finally making her debut.

Took her to a show yesterday and out of 112 cars she took "Peoples Choice".

Had some band aids printed up with her on them and gave away all 250 to kids and to some OLDER kids too.:rolleyes:

When she arrived the day after Christmas 2012 my 4 year old grandson remarked "THATS going to be MY ambulance" and so it is...you can see in the 5th photo just whos it is !! He was thrilled to see HIS name in big letters !

010_zps91ff9004.jpg

006_zps4b20e794.jpg

008_zps7c9e37d4.jpg

028_zps7c8fb450.jpg

014_zps751f0307.jpg

024_zps7cd09753.jpg

025_zps112d737b.jpg

Last edited:
OMG she is a stunningly beautiful car! Mouth watering in fact. Thanks so much for sharing for us all to enjoy!

Back