Glass prices

I have been searching for a front passenger side window for my '96 Miller Meteor. I tried contacting C-W Coach several times as their web site says they have glass available. No one would call me back. My wife called this past Friday and today someone returned her call. They said they have a Eureka they can pull it from for $250 + $70 shipping. Is there a difference between the front side glass in a standard and a commercial glass Fleetwood? I am unsure of what mine is.
I am a bit annoyed that I could not get a call back for three weeks after repeated calls. I have seen entire Fleetwood limo doors for less on ebay. My state inspection is due this month, so I don't have the luxury of time, plus I simply want my car back on the road. Any thoughts?

Your hearse is not a commercial glass coach. The front door glass is the same as a 91 to 96 Chevrolet Caprice,91 to 96 Buick Roadmaster,93 to 96 Cadillac rear drive Fleetwood. when you replace the glass make sure you lube all sliders for the window on the window and the door. you should be able to get the glass at the local U pull it yard for $20.00

If you clean out the broken glass from the door itself, I don't believe that it will fail inspection. Most states only inspect the windshield for damage.
As for cost for the glass, door glass is very expensive for the professional cars, however, there is a strong chance that you can purchase the door glass from Accubuilt. I suggest that you send a PM to Joe Bunn, on this website, and ask him to assist you. He works for Accubuilt, and is very helpful to the members of both The Friends of the Professional Car Society, and PCS Members also.
Paul
Senior Website Administrator

Your hearse is not a commercial glass coach. The front door glass is the same as a 91 to 96 Chevrolet Caprice,91 to 96 Buick Roadmaster,93 to 96 Cadillac rear drive Fleetwood. when you replace the glass make sure you lube all sliders for the window on the window and the door. you should be able to get the glass at the local U pull it yard for $20.00

How can you be sure it is not commercial glass, since he did not mention the coachbuilder model? Some models of M-M in 1996 did in fact have commercial glass.

Commercial glass Olympian model pic.

Thanks for posting the pic. I knew the Olympian had the commercial glass, but was unsure if M-M offered any other models those years with it, hence my "models" wording. Can anyone say if this model is the only M-M model with CG, or is there another?

I do not believe that is commercial glass in the Olympian it is curved at the top front as the standard glass is. My Masterpiece is angled at that point. Please post or PM the measurement at the back of the Front door for the glass top to bottom and we can settle this.

I do not believe that is commercial glass in the Olympian it is curved at the top front as the standard glass is. My Masterpiece is angled at that point. Please post or PM the measurement at the back of the Front door for the glass top to bottom and we can settle this.

I assure you that the Olympian is commercial glass. The S&S Masterpiece and Victoria used a different style of commercial glass windshield so the side windows were also different-squared off. Look at the side glass on the Superior Sovereign, and S&S Buick Victoria (both Accubuilt products), and the Eureka Monticello (I believe that's their CG model) and M-M Olympian (both CCE products) use the other style of commercial glass windshield that looks more aerodynamic, so the side glass has the rounded top, but it is CG and NOT the same as standard glass. I do not know if the CCE and Accubuilt chauffer compartment side CG will interchange, anyone know?
Look closer at the Olympian posted and at a standard glass coach, and you can clearly see more height and less tumble home on this glass.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses, I'll try to post a photo and more detailed info a little later this evening, but to start, the measurement of the window at the back end of the door is about 19" high and 34" wide.

There is an older post on the board somewhere with the 1996 sales brochure listing the M&M / Eureka models and their measurements. (Sorry, I don't have a link to it). My coach has the trim of the Le Classic, but the measurements of the back match those of the Olympian. Mainly, my coach doesn't have the metal band over the roof, so I don't know if that was an option. Please excuse the dust, I can't really wash it without a window...
fetch

The etching from the drivers side window reads: Solar Ray Safety PPG Flo-lite AS2 28-5 2 solid tempered 4 Dot 18 M508 Here is a picture of the window opening.
fetch
I had written to someone who had a standard window for sale off of a 1995 Fleetwood and all numbers matched with the exception of the AS2 28-5 reading AS2 28-3 on his. I hope this helps. Thanks again everyone!

the number in question is simply the date of manufacture. simple enough to measure from the sill of the door to the top of the opening of the glass at the rear. then find a car in the parking lot and do the same. if they are within a 1/4 inch it's stock glass. if yours is taller by a few inches it is commercial glass.

Eureka Monticello COMMERCIAL GLASS !

After speaking to C-W Coach today, Carl assured me that his only Eureka parts car available is in fact a MONTICELLO Commercial glass (for the inexperienced hearse owner) Coach . Hopefully this helps someone !:applause:

I spoke to Joe Bunn this morning, and he said that he compared the window part number with a car they have in the shop presently, a 1995 with standard glass, and the numbers are the same. For this reason, he said that the glass is a standard Cadillac part. You can probably find one in a junk yard, or a new one at a glass shop. Also, check with your insurance carrier, and the glass might be covered under your auto policy.

I had a VERY busy day today but did get time to find out I am correct on the door glass issue. The standard glass in the GM cars mentioned before is the same as the Coach 19 inches high by 34 inches wide at the belt line. It would seen even though they used a different windshiend the front door glass is standard production. NOW there is a Commercial Glass Windshield with a similar curve to the stock GM but higher by about 1.5 inches. It is not like the angled corner one in my S&S Masterpiece. So in the end it would seem there are three possible windshields and two possible door glasses for the 91 to 96 Buicks and the 93 to 96 Cadillacs. BTW luberacation of the sliders in the doors on the glass and the inner door is critical on this series of vehicles. The sliders will shatter and the widow goes wild jams and sometimes breaks. Doorman sells replacement rollers most auto parts stores can easily order and they can be found on ebay. I have had to redo three windows on my commercial glass six door and one in the Masterpiece.

NOW there is a Commercial Glass Windshield with a similar curve to the stock GM but higher by about 1.5 inches. It is not like the angled corner one in my S&S Masterpiece. So in the end it would seem there are three possible windshields and two possible door glasses for the 91 to 96 Buicks and the 93 to 96 Cadillacs.

I hope you did not look too hard into that, since I said pretty much the same thing in post number 8 yesterday.
Also, pictures of the actual car were posted already, and confirmed it is not an Olympian so it does have standard glass.
Also, double confirmed by Pauls post almost 12 hours ago by comparing the numbers to a standard glass coach.
There are three styles of side glass too, standard, commercial curved, and commercial squared. It all depends on coachbuilder, chassis and coachbuilder model, which got what glass.

Last edited:
MY point I was confirming WAS THE DOOR GLASS IS STANDARD GM the windshield a secondary issue. My effort was to clear up the big $$$ door glass issue.

We knew it was standard door glass as soon as we knew it was not an Olympian, which DID use commercial SIDE glass that was taller and more vertical than standard glass side door glass. Paul confirmed it by checking the numbers. But what if it was really an Olympian? He would have gotten the incorrect side glass if we told him standard.
Im not sure how to make what I was saying anymore clear. You even said in your last post there were two styles of side glass, but there are three, standard, commercial squared (S&S Cadillacs), and commercial front curved.

John...

You are making this more difficult that that which is necessary and makes it more difficult for others, that are less knowledgeable, to follow. Bruce Bassett, specifically asked about one particular door glass by one particular manufacturer. Bring in other body builders (manufacturers) into the discussion is muddying the waters. If we keep the responses to this thread specifically to the question asked, it will go a long way to giving accurate information. In this particular case, less information is better information.
Thanks Paul

I have been searching for a front passenger side window for my '96 Miller Meteor. .........

Back