The Beast in Isreal...Presidential Limo broke down

Fox News reporting the Presidential Limo was fueled with diesel rendering it out of service. Report disputed by Secret Service. "Diagnostics ongoing"...

Great shot of it on a wrecker. Wish I had captured it.

If it is true, someone is in a pile of poo poo,mistakes like that do not occur,especially since he is in a very volitail area,and his security must be having nightmares,

Let's see if this works....

beast-660-1.jpg

Here is the link to the story:
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013...ined-in-israel-by-fuel-mixup/?intcmp=features

I'm a little surprised they'd use local fuel in a Presidential vehicle.OK,it probably has the fuel economy rating of an M1A2 Abrams tank,but you'd think the transport plane that carries The Beast and the backups would also carry some Beast-specific fuel.This isn't the first overseas vehicle fail for POTUS.:rolleyes:

fuel error

From a website: The body itself seems to be a modification of the immediately previous DTS-badged Presidential limousines, but the vehicle's chassis and driveline are sourced from the Chevrolet Kodiak commercial truck.

Below is not the Beast, but the only photo I had related to the subject.

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 443
Chevrolet Kodiak

From what I am told and what we are operating here at EMS, the Kodiak Chevrolet C-4500, is a diesel engine with an Allison transmission.

I can't imagine that the Prez's Limo would have been modified for gasoline, but it's possible. Diesel would be my guess. It has also been reported that the limo gets about 8 miles to the gallon and has a top speed of 60 mph.

Someone with more resources than me could probably dig into it a little more.

Attachments

• Presidential_limo_cadillac_one_a_look_inside.jpg
    Presidential_limo_cadillac_one_a_look_inside.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 342
From what I am told and what we are operating here at EMS, the Kodiak Chevrolet C-4500, is a diesel engine with an Allison transmission.

I can't imagine that the Prez's Limo would have been modified for gasoline, but it's possible. Diesel would be my guess. It has also been reported that the limo gets about 8 miles to the gallon and has a top speed of 60 mph.

Someone with more resources than me could probably dig into it a little more.

It says in the information you posted in the left corner under factfile: diesel engine. thanks.

Ok... As a Former Tow Guy I'm gonna step into the morass...It's obviously being transported on a beat up ramp truck aka equipment hauler and tied down with outrageous binders. :beatdeadhorse5:

Local news had a former SS Agent on last night: The gist of the story was the Prez's Limo is at the absolute highest of priority for the Secret Service. The idiot who did the deed has undoubtedly been dispatched to Nome Alaska if he still has career.

From experience, Diesel into to a Gas vehicle doesn't do much other than shut it down. Gas in a Diesel= Kabang with awful results. :eek:

Wonder if the prez had to ride shotgun in the tow truck? :p I'm kinda wondering what kind of red tape that driver had to go through just to haul that? Millions of dollars in security and we still need good old earl the tow truck guy to come get cadillac one? Hmm somethings not right here.

Back