cleaning turn signal lights

Pulled these tonight and wanted to clean the different layers of paint off and clean the lenses and internal parts. Do they come apart and should I even try ? I'm afraid of cracking the plastic lens.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 223
Those don't come apart I hate to tell ya. Best bet is to hit eBay or a junk yard or even a Pull A Part type yard and find a set. Lens off any 1973 Cadillac Fleetwood, DeVille, limo, hearse or ambulance will work.

Those are usually held together with a plastic rivet that is melted to fuse the two parts together. Since they are already NG, then give it a try to see if you can get the two halves apart. I suggest a Dremmel tool, and a lot of patience. I have successfully taken apart plastic parts, cleaned them, and then put them back together with silicone. The good part, is that the next time you want to clean them, they come apart easily. Just don't use anything that will melt the plastic trying to remove the paint.

Shouldn't be too difficult to find a better pair. Let me know if you are unable to find a pair locally.

looks like the inside is OK a little rubbing compound will clean the fade off the lens. if it really bad a light sand with 600 of finer then rub it will clean them up nicely.

if your careful you can save it in a coffee cup and reuse it I love it when people are two lazy to pull a couple screws but go to all the work and expense of taping it off.

Back