1934 Buick

Ex pro car? Looks too be to be a standard body, even for a limousine. Rear door on the inside even looks like it was once and actual door, and removing the exterior body seams isn't that hard.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Other-limousine-Limousine-luxury-vintage-antique-mini-bar-/131166002976?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1e8a1a5f20&item=131166002976&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

$_57.JPG

Okay....it was obviously a side-loading professional car... not a limousine. The seller says "This is a very rare and one of a kind vehicle. It was a standard Buick off the production line but was taken to the suburban plant in Ohio and had a suburban rear end attached to make it longer....there were only 113 made that year and I haven't been able to find another one" There were 113 built? How does he know that? By whom were these 113 units built? I'll tell you what it isn't. It is not a Eureka, Flxible, Miller, S&S or Meteor - the body lines do not match any of these makers. The fact that it was built without a back door would lead me to speculate that it may be a Knightstown. Knightstown built some "side-loaders" of this vintage witout rear loading doors. It is interesting nonetheless. Thanks, Adam.

Any chance that the rear door was welded and smoothed to the body? Viewing the third photo in the second row on ebay, the rear of the interior looks like there was a door at one point or were cars of this vintage trimmed like that in the interior?

Back