The beauty they call The Beast

I am the new owner of a 1956 Cadillac S & S of which you all may be familiar. "The Beast" as it is known or "The Monocles Hearse" which depicts an era where it was used as the touring vehicle for a rock band, has now found it's way back to the funeral industry. It is my intention to bring her back to her original glory and upon request possibly back into service. She will be part of our fleet as soon as she is ready. We typically use the 2004 S/S Masterpiece for services but we have a 1980 S/S which we use for airport trips.

If anyone is interested, I have included a link to the very capable restoration shop that has taken her into their care for the transition. They will be updating this link almost daily as things progress.

http://ronniesetsers.com/online/automotive/gallery/projects/?album=2&gallery=311

Niceeee

I appreciate you posting the work in progress on this 56, if your restoration guy has any luck with replacing the fabric covered interior door trim I would be interested in knowing where he gets it.

Charles, thank you for the link and for taking on the cost of restoring this beautiful coach. I can't wait to see it when it is done!

Hi Charles

Charles- I'll be in Tampa Friday but will be tied up all the time. I'd love to visit that Caddy- is it at the home?????
Hope to visit soon

Thanks for your interest, Kevin. The coach is at the restoration shop and I have been told it will be at least 2 months before the work will be completed. I will be conducting funeral services on Friday and then heading up to Gainesville later in the day for the weekend. I hope we can get together some time during one of your visits to Tampa.

56 superior

why cant i find em like this. good luck sir on a beautifull coach. i'd drive and restore as it is sharp. cant wait to see the end result. great body shop too. i saw a 63 chevy they did and it was perfect.

why cant i find em like this. good luck sir on a beautifull coach. i'd drive and restore as it is sharp. cant wait to see the end result. great body shop too. i saw a 63 chevy they did and it was perfect.

This was not too hard to find. It was listed on Ebay a couple times this fall.
Bryan told me it went to a good home. Im glad it will be returning to service.

e bay

This was not too hard to find. It was listed on Ebay a couple times this fall.
Bryan told me it went to a good home. Im glad it will be returning to service.

dont look at ebay. long story but heres why. bought a set of tires and wheels for a chevy truck and to simplify, overnighted cashiers check and was told it was received. told to wait till ck cleared and i did. 3 days later check cashed, cell phone diconnected and since it wasn't paypal had no recourse. end of story. guess if you dont look, can't find.

dont look at ebay. long story but heres why. bought a set of tires and wheels for a chevy truck and to simplify, overnighted cashiers check and was told it was received. told to wait till ck cleared and i did. 3 days later check cashed, cell phone diconnected and since it wasn't paypal had no recourse. end of story. guess if you dont look, can't find.

Sorry to hear about your experence with a crook seller. I have been lucky so far, bought and sold many things with no bad outcomes (so far).

Back