1969 Superior ambulance

https://m.ebay.com/itm/391890674010...vr_id=1314006228428&_mwBanner=1&ul_noapp=true

MAKE AN OFFER ,1969 Cadillac ambulance , ambulance was going to be made into Area 51 transport,but no time anymore,it runs great and has a full tank of gas so you can drive it home ,but anyone can tell you it's like driving a boat.it runs good I keep a battery charger on it as a trickle ,I did not want to disconnect the battery charger so it's in the picture,garage barn kept . it could use the following,seat repair inside drivers side,the drivers door latch does not lock so it's hard to close drivers side door all the way ,someone needs to take it apart to fix it.the chrome trim piece for the hood is in the back on the floor ,there are boxes of lights and a siren to put on,the lights that are on the amb already work fine,great ghost buster rig ,also the alien manakin does not go with,the motor is real solid.all glass is intact and not cracked,I can't think of anything else,restore it there are not a lot of these around anymore.manuals are also with it and 2 sets of keys one original and a spare set.send me a phone number if you want more info,I will get in touch,make offer maybe you can finish it up and save this old historic ambulance.check out the front license plate for years in service.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 326
I don't see anything in that pile of lights that remotely resembles what is missing on the roof of the car. If the correct stuff is missing, it will be difficult to find.

............but not impossible to find. There was a set that would have been a perfect fit(from a '68 Superior) that sold on eBay within the past month. I wouldn't let that be a deal-breaker.

............but not impossible to find. There was a set that would have been a perfect fit(from a '68 Superior) that sold on eBay within the past month. I wouldn't let that be a deal-breaker.

The rear quads may be a match, but the front ones aren't.

Is it safe to assume that this rig came from Adamstown, MD?

Most of the lighting, etc. in the rear has value, except the round pair of school bus lights(one in the jump seat foot well and the other on top of the cabinet).

Here are the rear quads for it! Would probably cost you $20 for the 4(total).

Attachments

• '67 Superior 2.jpg
    '67 Superior 2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 317
Seller states that there are boxes(plural) of lights and a siren to put on it. I would say that an e-mail would be in order if interested to determine if te original roof lights are there. Shouldn't betoo difficult to determine.

Crystal Lake, IL is "spittin distance" from Bruce Biancalana.

I would say this one is one of the best needs everything redone cars we have seen

Not everything. According to the seller, it runs, drives and stops. He claims that it could be driven home, but......... The interior looks very serviceable. It definitely needs a complete paint job, but I think thisone looks awesome in white and I wouldn't change the color.

Could this rig have been white with a black roof originally?? I am seeing black paint beneath the pealing white paint on the roof

Last edited:
yes but you have to figure on everthig when you get it . like this 67 i just redid. the material was good but the card board backers were shot on a few panels. runs and runs will are different things. stops and the brakes are so thing they will cut threw the next time is another.

but it's one of the best offerings see in a long time. it is a superior so you know the panels under the glass will be rotten under the vinyl, they all are on at least one side or set. there are inherited things with each manufacture that is constant in the majority of there cars you expect that and figure on redoing that part of the car. some times you get surprise. from the pictures this one looks like in will do that.

Oh man. I'm very disappointed. When I helped haul this out of a field 12 years ago, this was in pretty good shape. I thought, when it went to Bruce, it would be taken care of.

Oh man. :(

Attachments

• 69SupCadxCarrollManor17 - Copy.jpg
    69SupCadxCarrollManor17 - Copy.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 149
Oh man. I'm very disappointed. When I helped haul this out of a field 12 years ago, this was in pretty good shape. I thought, when it went to Bruce, it would be taken care of.

As we were shooting this group of cars, I remember thinking to myself how complete this was (except for one window) and that cosmetics would be the major expense.

The weathered exterior is disappointing, but it is still a very solid rig that, basically, needs paint and a detail job(I didn't say"just"). Hopefully, the seller has the correct lights to go with it, but one would have to inquire on that.

Oh man. :(

Steve do you I'm not sure if you remember, but I almost bought this car. When you posted it for your friend I was in the middle buying the 63. Wish I'd gotten this one as well.

Back