1973 M-M Citation (A revival)

Ok. On Sunday I will be taking temporary possesion of a 1974 M-M Citation. It belongs to a friend of mine who, believe it or not, lives two doors down from me. This will not be a full Ed Renstrom type of restoration bit more of revival of a once proud funeral coach. There won't be any crazy metal work to be done because there's not a lot that really needs to be done. Mostly fixing bad welds and a few dings and dents. It was hit in the passenger side quarter panel. When repaired, they didn't grind down the welds or do anything else to it. So that's my main focus.

The plans for the car are: body work, paint, a new crinkle top, and polish the bright work while off the car.

This car, while not original, he keeps it nice and has not changed anything but the wheels and tinted the windows. I'll add pictures of it before as soon as I can get them on my computer.

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php

picture.php

Here are some pictures.:cool:

did they loose the spacers on the rear Axles. looks like not, with the out board wheels barely fitting under the quarters. a good bead. strange they did not knock off the high spots at least before the rattle can touch up. be glad they did that it saved you a lot of money

My first hearse was a 1968 MM Cadillac Citation

What a fantastic car !

Getting one back up to par is a great thing for sure,
Darren

:thumbsup:

It's actually fairly solid for a New England car. The owner of this one is really dedicated to it so he's done what he can to preserve the metal on the bare spots. He's more of a mechanical type than a body man so I volunteered to jump in and get it squared away for him. It runs very nice and that 472 sings. It will be weird with my Superior gone for a couple weeks though. It will be at his house to make room for this one.

Got quite a bit done today. Removed all the trim from the belt line down and then got the passenger side quarter panel ground down. I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the metal actually is. The only real work is going to be the patch work that was done years ago and straightening out where it was bumped into. Other than that, I'm not as scared about it. I think the paint made it look worse than what it is.:applause:

picture.php

picture.php

I'll take pictures of the bare metal tomorrow.

Back