1968 Cadillac door panel clips

Does anyone know where these can be found? It is the metal clip that holds the inside door panel on. I found a few on Ebay, but at $10 for 5 clips, I think thats a little high--or maybe thats not a bad price? I called OPGI, and a few other places, they don't have them. I believe the same clip is used from 1964-1972, and on other models those years as well. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• doorclip.jpg
    doorclip.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 126
wrecking yards

Shawn have you tried wrecking yards? I have found most of the parts for my 68 limo are found on same year cars.
I know that these cars are getting harder to find but we have a yard about 100 miles south of us that has all the old cars they don't get into the 80s. I make a list all year long and the day after Thanksgiving a bunch of us make the road trip south and spend the day looking for the little parts like that. I am looking for a new door panal for the drivers side mine got wet and split the widow controler has nothing to screw into and the cardboard slots for the clips you are looking for are riped out my door panal is held on with screws and the washers like on the bottom of panal. Good luck hunting for them for me that is most of the fun of hobby

Michael...

Shawn have you tried wrecking yards? I have found most of the parts for my 68 limo are found on same year.

No, I haven't, but considering that almost every one of the clips broke when I took the panel off (yes, I did have a tool and was very careful), I don't fancy my chances of getting many that will be good ones.

As far as your door panel goes, does your car have the division window or not? If it does, I know of a car being parted out that the panels are available. I know that the division window cars have a different front door panel than the non-window models, that is why I am asking. Let me know and I can give you the info.

I forgot about them. found the ones I was looking for for Brendon's to. all the wire ones you need are there under the gm line. the door trim fasteners are under clips. the wire one listed for ford will work just like the stamped gm one you have. in fact better.

You know, I wondered about the Ford one, as it looked similar in size, etc. I am sure Jim has one laying around at home, will have to get one tomorrow and try it out. Thanks.

that's all we use when we get into that kind of trim panel fastener. I don't know for a source for the stamped steel ones. the key is to get it in the hole before you thump it. once bent they are a throw away. get your window working?

Back