Bought a book..

It was a little pricey, as far as books that I purchase go... I've been known to spend several hundred at a time at Borders, but that's usually on DVD's and that goofy stuff near the register. Granted, it was not as much as my copy of James O. Page's "Paramedics", which I almost expected to come with solid gold lettering. 'The Ambulance, A History', by Ryan Corbett Bell
20100611_10.jpg

Even found a picture of one of the "devices" I have, the Ohio Chem, Emergikit. Which dates it a lot earlier than I assumed.

20100611_12.jpg

James O. Page

A little off-topic.... but Jim Page AKA: "The Father of Paramedics" and the "authenticity coach" behind Jack Webb's "Emergency TV Series" when he was still a Battalion Chief with the LA County FD and a very good friend of mine for years. Jim used to work on his small collection of vintage fire apparatus at Our Yard in Valley Center (CA) before he passed away. His Son is a Captain at the Poway Fire Department (San Diego County, CA). He was also a National PCS / Southern California Chapter Member at the time.... and with the CROWN Firecoach Enthusiasts... www.crownfirecoach.org

Back