Superior ambulance lighted roof insert nos

@ Steve Loftin,

I stand corrected on the 48 Ambulance as it does appear from what Keith Snyder posted in another thread that the car is in fact a combination, and so when I’m wrong I’m man enough to admit it. In this case I was wrong.

Oddly enough, I just received a "second chance offer" through eBay on this lighted roof sign! It appears that, the one item that actually appeared to have sold, was actually just run up by a shill bidder! I seriously doubt that these folks are going to sell anything as they, obviously, feel that their stuff is priceless!

Actually it would seem more buyer remorse the winning bidder d***s with 25 feedbacks placed many bids at the same time to beat s***s with 952 feedbacks who placed his bid earlier. Generally shills can be recognized by few bids but getting the price up to the reserve and bids not all placed at the same time. My impression is Mr. d***s just got carried away and then sobered up and backed out. Second option is the seller had more than one and just wanted to sell at the price obtained.

Having been involved in the bidding myself, it has every sign of a shill bidder that just kept bumping the bid a few dollars at a time to see how high the high bidder had bid. High bidder's feedback rating really has nothing to do with it as it was probably just one of his buddies or someone who "just wanted to support him". Lol! ;) I was not available when the auction was to close and left a stupid bid, thinking it should get it done. It didn't.

Last edited:
On the topic of the roof sign, please remember that not all Superior roof signs are interchangeable. There are different sizes and shapes based on the different body designs. I bought one years ago to replace what was on my '65 Superior Pontiac (now Tim Prieur's), and the one I bought was "close but no cigar" to what I needed. I can see that what was in the photo would no way fit either that car or my current Superior, a '64. So if you need a Superior roof sign and frame, you really will need to check it on your car or else you will end up with a nice sign on the wall and not on your car (as I have).

As for the rest of the collection, I can surmise who this is as well. I hope the cars find a good home, either with the current owners in new places or with new owners. Sounds like some good stuff.

Attachments

• 20140825110538-1.jpg
    20140825110538-1.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 119
Thanks for the advice Steve! I measured and re-measured to make sure it was the correct one for my car.

I guess that this is a case where 2 fools met......... Me for placing a stupidly high bid, and the seller for being overly greedy and not taking advantage of my stupidly high bid!!

FYI.... the reserve price had been met at around $80 on this listing.

I seriously doubt that. The high bidder bid 13 times, 6 of those bids were left after I placed my bid over the course of several hours. He was just running me to see how high I had bid. No buyer with a relatively low feedback is going to risk the negative feedback resulting from backing out of a deal.

You forget sellers can not leave negative feedback. I have sold over $65000.00 worth of vehicles on Ebay this year. Most cop cars and the buyers that do not perform are always low feed back bidders. I dread when I see a low feedback bidder high I know whats next in most cases. Just had a new one a Police Tahoe, buyer low feedback promptly sent cashiers check was arranging transport bank calls check is a PHONEY!!! Then called and cursed me out for catching him. At least Tahoe never left the driveway.

Peter,
HUGE difference between selling parts and selling cars on eBay. I sell, and buy, a lot of car parts and other "stuff" on eBay. My feedback is around 1000. I have never been stiffed by a buyer on any parts that I have sold on eBay. I have had a couple of slow payers, but never been stiffed. In this instance, the seller's feedback rating of only around 50% favorable says a lot about the seller!

Could not agree more the guy is a jerk can't get anything shipped on time and then does not communicate. People get upset under those conditions. I do not see any complaints on description just shipping and communication so it would seem honest but a jerk. I sell lots of vintage radio gear on Ebay and ship world wide. You have to ship promptly or supply your buyer with why not or complaints fly not like years ago. Things were much looser in 2001 when I started out. I have the same experiece you do radios and parts almost 100% completion vehicles perhaps 60% or less.

I refuse to engage in a reserve auction. find it's a wast of my time. if you want to sell something and think it's worth the money start it there hope for more. I might be the only bidder and willing to pay that for it.

but you start the auction 50% less then the reserve and I'm the only bidder we both lose.

I think it would surprise many people here what they actually have in terms of parts and accessories. Id venture to say they have multiple NOS items (especially Cotner Bevington parts), used lights and sirens and general ambulance stuff so seeing another NOS item showing up after another rare NOS was just sold is not out of the question, even if it's the same item.

Steve Loftin can probably also agree / confirm this

And they will probably take it all to their graves with them.

They don't bury parts with the body... the parts are left to the heirs to dispose of, and usually they have little to no interest in them, so they are promptly deposited into a dumpster, and carted away. There was a local Chevrolet dealership that I frequented, and I knew the owner quite well. I asked about there being any obsolescent parts in storage on the second floor, and he always told me that they were disposed of years ago. Then, when they were moving to a new building, they filled three 40 yard dumpsters with obsolete parts and tools. When GM pulled the franchise, they did it all over again. Some people just don't want to be bothered dealing with the "stuff", even if it means money in their pocket.

Back