Mattress Factory

Found this tag on one of the old cot mattresses today, still learning about Piqua, Ohio didnt realize they had a mattress factory.

Attachments

• IMG_5649.jpg
    IMG_5649.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 231
Larry

Very cool find. Thanks for sharing !

I had a blast when I attended the last MM reunion in Piqua OH.

I spent 3/4 of one day checking out the antique shops and that fabulous old gas station that the guy has done up like a 50's SOHIO gas station.
He doesn't sell gas any longer but the vintage pumps are still out front.
Great guy with a fantastic collection.

I found a 1905 Baseball bat that was turned in Pontiac MI with the indian head logo still visible. I WAS THRILLED !!!!!

My hearse was loaded up on the return drive home. Took two hotel carts to bring the stuff back down before heading home.

I can't wait for my next visit to Piqua !

Darren

P.S. When at gas stations filling up I had a few people tell me their grandfather worked at Miller-Meteor !!! That was a very welcoming thing to have happen when you are drive a car built in that same city 50 years earlier.

Wondering if any of you knew about the cots and church trucks that were also made in Wilmington, Ohio...just down the street from me. Many funeral and ambulance related items are/were manufactured right here in good ol Ohio.

more Piqua

The city of Piqua, Ohio also had an underwear factory. I don't know if they still have the underwear parade of not. Have not heard tell of it in years. There was also a blanket mill in Piqua. The blankets are all wool and usually not cheap when you find one on eBay.

For all the years I spent in Wilmington, Ohio I had never heard of Ferno or Ferno-Washington. I only became aware of them after joining the PCS. Just proof we are never too old to learn.

Mike

Back