Update on our son Patrick

Peter Jennings

PCS Member
For those of you that followed my original post, Feb 3rd marked one year ago that our firefighter son, Patrick, was nearly killed in a broadside accident with an 18 wheel dump truck.
Well last week end, he and his intended, Beth, made a surprise visit to us. WOW were we surprised indeed!!!!
His speech is still sometimes slow and his walking still shows occational wobbly signs, but let the conversation go to fire department stuff, and he's spot on! Of course he still can not drive. The trucking company is itching to settle, but Patrick tells us his lawyer is going to court around the end of March. He finally started receiving social security disability. He was let go by the Riverdale Fire Department and is no longer chief of his volunteer F.D. He has had trouble adjusting to the fact that he has been replaced.
He does have a photography hobby that he is pretty good at. We are trying to encourage him to try and put those skills together with his love of firefighting. I'm sure insurance companies and homeowners would like photo evidence, maybe even law enforcement in arson cases.
OK I'm rambling, THANX to all for your prayers.
Peter and Donna Jennings and Patrick Lynn

the key here is to move on. he has his skills and his knowledge there is a lot he can do with that. but we are glad that he has recovered enought to drop in. that is something.

Thanks for the update Peter, I think of him often and was wondering how he was doing. I know it has been rough for all of you. Glad he is still improving. I am sure the worst part is not being able to be involved with his work which he loved so well.

Thanks for giving us an update. I too was wondering, but didn't want to pry by asking. To have survived this ordeal, he is strong, and that strength is what is going to carry him forward into developing a new career using his old skills and developing new ones.

Strong family values

Peter and family: Sounds like you are all strong folks and you all reinforce each other. Please keep us posted!
Kevin

Back