Big thanks to Mark Rodgers!

Sarah Snook

PCS Life Member
In the mail today, I got quite a neat surprise from Mark Rodgers. He acquired a copy of the premier issue of the Ohio Chapter's newsletter and he sent it to me. This issue of the Buckeye Coach is from January 1990. Bernie DeWinter was the editor for it. It was great to read the write up on their first meet and it was encouraging to see that so many of those first meet attendees are still members of the chapter. If you'd like to see it, private message me or comment here and let me know. I'll see if I can make a PDF of it in the next few days. Thanks again, Mark!!!!!

I got the newsletter converted to a PDF, so you can check it out. Gotta love the classified section. I bet Carl doesn't have that '57 M-M ambulance anymore. Maybe it's the one that Dave McCamey ended up with that's now owned by Rick Duffy?

Attachments

• Buckeye_Coach_-_Premier_Issue.pdf
    240.3 KB · Views: 303
As good as that initial newsletter was, it is also an indicator of how far the Buckeye Chapter and the PCS have come over the years. When compared to current newsletters or club publications we can appreciate the technological advances that have been made over the years. From unjustified, typewritten text, drawings to crisp, clear photographs - these publications have advanced light years in a relatively short time span. Thanks for posting that premier issue. Tis a shame Bernie isn't still with us to appreciate these advances and the type of stories and images in current publications. I'm sure he's smiling down in appreciation (or up....depending upon your personal feelings towards him) on all of us fully aware that the hobby he had such a passion for is progressing and maturing.

Back