1970 superior royal 58

i have a 1970 caddy superior royal 58,.i have never seen another one like it,. the lights on the top in the front move up and down when turned on,. the interior is red and white,.it has bucket seats with a console all the controls for the lights and siren are in the console,.mine is the only one i have seen like this,.how rare is it,.oh yea it also has a holster for a pistol on the back of one of the seats

Tracy, first, welcome. We'll be glad to help you out with your ambulance any way we can! And please, hopefully, join the PCS, the actual club that is bigger than our on-line forum here.

It sounds like you have a Superior Cadillac Royale Rescuer. They were available in 51" and 54" interior headroom heights. I'm not sure where your number "58" comes from. If you have a lighted roof sign, if the sign sticks up above the roofline, it's a 51; if the top is flush with the roof, then it's a 54.

Your lights that move up and down are called Sola-Rays. They were an available option for ambulances at the time. They were available with either a bench seat or bucket seats in the front as options.

According to records, there were 367 Superior Cadillac ambulances built in 1970. It doesn't break down further into models, but it's probably half-and-half, 51s and 54s. All our cars are "rare", as they are coachbuilt individually and there are rarely two ordered or built the same.

As far as a pistol holster in the seat, well, I've never heard of that before! :confused:

Here's a photo of another PCS member's '70 Superior ambulance, which is a 51. It also has the Sola-Ray lights on the front.

Attachments

• 70SupCadHerrick2.JPG
    70SupCadHerrick2.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 224
i have a 1970 caddy superior royal 58,.i have never seen another one like it,. the lights on the top in the front move up and down when turned on,. the interior is red and white,.it has bucket seats with a console all the controls for the lights and siren are in the console,.mine is the only one i have seen like this,.how rare is it,.oh yea it also has a holster for a pistol on the back of one of the seats

Tracy, I live In pickens county about 30 miles from you and would love to meet to see your car and share mine.

Back