Wanted: Demand valve!

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
I'm looking for a demand valve for my E&J resuscitator that I got from Richard in Hudson. Seems to be complete except for that. I've had them in the past but they have all been ether given away or sold over the years. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm using a photo from Chris Kelley's library for visual reference showing what I'm looking for. I'm also needing the white hose for the aspirator as well. Red arrow and circle are pointing to and marking what I need. Please let me know. THANKS!

Attachments

• user514_pic680_1276831752.jpg
    user514_pic680_1276831752.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 143
I have a box of the hoses, probably have several positive pressure heads for them. Not sure about the demand valve type deal. But I have one in my spare trauma bag. Its just "there", I never used it, I could send that. I use CPR masks w/ o2 inlets. Never been a BVM fan, and the demand is useless when the o2 runs out. ha ha

Also have a bunch of test lungs too, which is that black bag device.

Love the pastel colors airways in the photo!

I believe the positive pressure/demand head shown in the photo is a Robert Shaw or Hudson head.

I would like to find an "Elder" head. These were sold in the late '60's/early '70's. It was a square shaped head with a small raised push button and had a translucent green housing over the one-way valve that the mask attached to. It was easy to un-screw the housing and remove the rubber one-way valve to shake off the chunks if necessary. These early ones had a higher flow when the positive pressure button was pushed than the more modern ones. I believe there is still an "Elder/LSP" resusciation head on the market.

It's a Lytport IV, which was made by Ohio Chemical, rather than E&J. The demand was an Ohio Chemical model. I have 1 Robertshaw demand; one 40's model PP Resuscitator/Inhalator head and two E&J PP Resus/Inhalator heads, as well as associated hoses; and several extra suction canisters.

Back