'69 Superior Crown Royale limo combo ($2450/GA)

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/4366433903.html

1969 Cadillac Superior Hearse (w/ casket) - $2450 (Warm Springs)

Something different...

This is a Superior Crown Royale (the top-of-the-line model) combination hearse/ambulance with 68,000 original miles. It's a running and driving car, but of course, as you'd expect with a 45-year-old vehicle, it could use some tinkering. I drive it occasionally to work and school (a 115-mile daily trip), and it does pretty well. The radiator will probably need to be boiled out soon, as the coolant temperature stays a little on the warm side. (The car has never "run hot", by the way, nor does it lose any coolant.) There's a pretty good exhaust leak, but I think the extra noise kinda adds to the creepiness factor. The car's most annoying quirk is the carburetor's tendency to run very rich at idle, something that could probably be fixed by someone more carburetor-knowledgeable than I. And when the car sits for a few days, the transmission springs a pretty decent leak (characteristic of an old TH400).

Otherwise though, for it's age, this is a relatively mechanically solid hearse. The tires aren't bad; the brakes are awesome; and the big 472 pulls like crazy. I've spent over $500 replacing wheel bearings and drive shaft bearings, so all of that should be good for a while. The lights, wipers, and speedometer work. And, believe it or not, the air conditioning (front and rear) kinda does, too (the freon leaks out slowly and the automatic climate control is pretty screwed-up, but if the system is full and the heater box is in the right mood, it cools quite well).

As for cosmetics--well, check out all the pictures. The body isn't the straightest, and it's had its fair share of shoddy repairs. All of the glass is good, though, as is much of the hard-to-find trim. There's some rust, but it's really minimal for a Caddy of this age. The car has character; there's no doubt about that.

The hardwood casket is included, but honestly I'm still undecided on whether I want to let go of the church truck. The car has a siren, but I WILL be hanging on to that. Sorry.

For lots of pics, copy and paste this:

flickr.com/photos/stevenbr549/sets/72157627794313587/with/12214967496/

Feel free to ask for shots of other angles as well. If you're looking for something unique, you won't be disappointed in this car. I sure haven't been. But, after nearly three years, it's time to move on to something else. On that note, I'll consider interesting trades, just nothing too junky (or disassembled), please. (My neighbors already give me dirty looks.) I'm into old Fords, air-cooled VWs, station wagons (old or new), rare makes and/or models, or even something more practical. I also have a soft spot for old trucks and tractors. A big gun safe (or stuff to put in one), a good equipment trailer--yeah, I'm pretty open-minded, as long as the value works out, or there's cash to make up the difference.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, just ask; the number listed is my cell, and I check my email pretty often. Thanks. Steven 706-881-2101

00v0v_reDGOxugob_600x450.jpg

01414_jeIy7AWsrNp_600x450.jpg

00z0z_i9mGJ47aoxw_600x450.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Certainly not an outrageous asking price for a running & driving Crown - even with a hideously colored interior. :p

It's not the interior color that's hideous..... it's the exterior color! Probably a gorgeous car in it's original color(looks to have been a metallic brown?).

Back