removing deep stains in lenoleum

Tim Prieur

PCS Member
I am sure others have faced this issue, a safe way to try and leach deep stains out of lenoleum. I have been working with a vinegar/dish soap combination, but have tried small amounts of other agents and low abrasives. They are improved but not gone, especially the darkest. The lenoleum is blue. Any direction much appreciated.

the thing I have discovered with the quality of linoleum in the cars is that the pattern goes all the way threw. that being said you can sand out stubborn stains. I start with 80 grit and work my way finer. so far we have been successful with our 72 and Brendons 63. brought back both floors from disaster to good used. the 72 looked like this . they had been loading the removal gurney in and out and embedded the aluminium into it. other than a deep scratch you can't tell

Attachments

• before and after loading floor 1.jpg
    before and after loading floor 1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 241
Tim - I've had pretty good luck by making a paste like mix with powdered bleach like Comet , letting it sit on the area for a while then scrub it off with stiff brush or a brillo or sos pad

Stain eraser?

Tim...have you tried the Mr. Clean Stain Eraser? I've used them on some of my projects and they do a decent job.

Eds idea will probably be the best on flooring like this that the stain (and scratches) most likely has been there for decades, since the general cleaner does not work.
Also, you may want to talk to Sara Snook to see what she did to bring the floor back to life in her 66 M-M.

I found with deep or bad stains it's necessary. But light ones that won't come up with cleaner. Need help also. This stuff is called hospital grade flooring now.you take care of it like you would a hall in the hospital.

Thanks for everyones thoughts. I tried multiple approaches, in the end the most effective was a combination of baking soda and lemon juice, worked with a toothbrush. The major limiting factor is the flooring is dark blue and I had to be careful not to leach out too much of the colour.
It is 90% better and gives a good sense of accomplishment.

Back