Help: 79 and 92 wiper switches identification...

Kent Dorsey

PCS Member / Funeral Director
Both the '79 Sedan DeVille and the '92 S & S have wiper switch problems. The '79 gets stuck and takes force to move, where it may land on high and stay. The '92 works intermittently, and may or may not work corresponding with what area you actually have the switch on. Took '79 to a mechanic who said he couldn't locate a new switch for the '79, he said if I would get one he would install it. I bought one for each car, to me, the '79 switch looks like it could potentially be correct, the switch for the '92 I don't see exactly how it could be correct. This is not my forte.
Any experts on this please look at the photos, which will start with '79 part then the car switch. The next is the '92 car switch (which on the outside appearance on the dash looks like the '79) and then 2 photos of the switch that I received for the '92...
Hepp hepp...

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 178
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 177
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 171
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 181
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 176
I'll look up stairs and see if I have one I gather a lot of stuff for the 89 I had. if here is one out there it would not be a intermittent one.

I have had a bad experience with AutoPartsWarehouse.com trying to return the wrong parts. I acknowledge I made a mistake. I contacted the company on 12-16-14 about the wrong parts, what followed was 2 or 3 crazy emails wanting to know the VIN number, engine size, and number of cylinders. After returning the information, still no response. I finally called, where I go through a mess of giving VIN numbers over the phone. In exasperation, I finally lose my cool and tell them that giving them info as to VIN, cylinders, engine size, or whether an 8 track player ever existed in the car will not miracle the part to be the right one... I was not asking for a replacement part, I was just wanting to return... what a mess...
Hey hey, let's be careful out there...

internet sales and not the easiest of ways to go. some of those bargains are not if they don't fit what you have and those companies operate a one way street. . but on our older stuff the kid at the parts counter may be trapped in his computer also. you go down to the locale mechanic and all he can see is a half day searching for the right part and time spent he can't charge for. thats where this site is invaluable . somewhere out there some one else has had that same problem and if they solved it they are willing to pass it one.

Back