problem with the flashers on Horton

ok I have this problem with the flashers on the Box of the 78 Horton.

When I turn on the power to the truck 4 of the 8 large sqare flashers light up and stay on. then when I turn on the power to the panel and turn on the flasher switch the remaining lights flash but those 4 stay on ? everything else seems to be fine and works.

the strange thing is the lights that stay on is only one on each side........meaning one light on each side of the box stays on and the other is ok. 1 on ....1 off....1 on....1off....1 on ....1 off and so on around the box

when I had the dog house off and the panel off there are 4 main plugs that unplug and 4 wires that are connected by connectors, I have gone through everything and nothing.

this just happened so maybe I did smething when I put the panel back on ????? but why would those lights come on as soon as I turned the power switch on to the truck ????

any help would be great thanks

Mike

locate the flashers. are they the type that are easily and economical changed? change out one. see if that gets one set operating correctly.

flashers will freeze to one side. then feed back will do strange things. a poor ground will cause enough resistance that the current seeks any ground to return to the source. lights are one consent ground.

so the feed back problem is, check you main grounds. be sure the ground strap engine to frame is good and the battery to frame is good the aluminium body to frame is good. yes the unabody has a frame it's incorporated with the body and everything is put together with spot welds. the ambulance body is mounted to it. electrolysis will set in with different metals and kill the connection.

Ed ..... it was the main ground strap from the engine to the frame. I gave it a little pull and she came apart ! replaced it with a heaver one and everything works as they should.

thanks

Back