97.1 KB · Views: 206
Free Local Pickup |

Item location:
Chicago Ridge, Illinois, United States

Ships to:
Local pick-up only

Price:
US $222.00

The windshield will fit any 65-70. The side glass maybe a MM but i would not bet on it.there price for all it about half the cost of a windshield.

One would like to think so. As they were one company. The door frames also. The difference in cb verse mm in them was the cb had the groves cut when the milled them flat and the mm had a stainless wrap.

Aren't the C-B window frames made of extruded aluminum vs. the M-M frames which are steel wrapped with stainless steel?

no they are both cast aluminum. the CBS are milled the Millers are not and wrapped. the bumps you see in them is electrolysis forming under the wrap.

Ah!! I assumed that the "bumps" were caused by rust swelling under the stainless. The electrolysis makes sense as it would have the same effect as rust.

Now, are you sure that it is "cast aluminum" vs. extruded aluminum?? I would bet it's extruded.

If my memory serves me correctly, those were extruded aluminum window frames and became something of a Miller-Meteor hallmark. I believe that this particular, and then innovative, feature was much ballyhooed when introduced with the first M-M models in 1957. Following the purchase of Cotner-Bevington in 1964-1965, to obtain production economies, they began to rationalize body componentry between the two brands wherever possible. They shared glass among other items in an effort to reduce costs.

I love the look of the extruded aluminum window frames that M-M used, when NOT wrapped in stainless! They are just a bugger to take apart after 50 years with those steel phillips head screws that they used!

Glass

You can see these are a extrusion , just cut down when they go into the door. These are from a 72 C/B.

Attachments

• 20180619_172115.jpg
    20180619_172115.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20180619_172125.jpg
    20180619_172125.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I have several companies that I do business with that do aluminum extrusion. You kind of get to where it jumps out at you.

Upon giving this some further thought, extruded aluminum window frames were initially incorporated into professional vehicles by the A.J. Miller Company with the introduction of the 1954 product range. This was a Miller feature that was retained and found its way into the 1957 and later Miller-Meteors.

Back