1957 Ford F-100 ambulance

Saw this coming a million miles away! Well, at least from across the country...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F-100-None-1957-ford-f-100-superior-ambulance-panel-9000-original-miles-/251512637501?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3a8f52483d&item=251512637501&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Previous thread:
http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15045

$_57.JPG

I think the previous owner's Son selling it for his elderly Mother will be REALLY upset as I know he definately didn't think that it would be "flipped" right away and along with the Scotia Fire Dept had hoped that it would be "regraphic'd
back to the way it was originally. I retrospect I should have been more aggressive, however it's a free country and the New Buyer can do what he wants and it doesn't do any good to cry over spilled milk. It will be interesting to see what it brings. It is a VERY NICE "one of a kind" rig. MM

Now's your chance to be more aggressive Mike. As eBay vehicles (and real estate) are no longer binding legal agreements, consider coming out high bidder just to then use as a bargaining chip to pay what you would have originally. Sellers can not retaliate in any way since rules have changed. Go after him. :D

apparently one more seller that has no knowledge of what he has either. they are still calling it a superior. going buy the dealers tag on the dash. as him for a picture of the medal superior tag under the hood. see what he says.

apparently one more sell that has no knowledge of what he has either. They are still calling it a superior. Going buy the dealers tag on the dash. As him for a picture of the medal superior tag under the hood. See what he says.

he is just going by what the previous misinformed seller told him.

Superior is the only builder that used those oval roof lights. They will say "Superior Coach" on the oval plastic lenses.

I wonder how much more than the 15,000 it was listed for in California will this seller ask for it after sticking the 4 red crosses on each door !!! Still has the same cali license plate on it.

Mike, send the original seller the ebay link.
Try to get it from the new seller for a little more than what it would have cost you if you had of got it the first time.

Hope you can save it,
Darren

#%€¥£!
Mike, do you have any idea what it sold for? Looks like such a nice acquisition for someone keen on this piece of history.
As nice as it is I could not offer this guy a penny more. May the next buyers cheque bounce right down the street.

Those are the exact same oval plastic lenses(screwed through the face) that Superior Coach used on their school buses from 1957 until around 1960. I seriously doubt that Superior was selling those plastic lenses(with their name on them) to any other coach builders.

#%€¥£!
Mike, do you have any idea what it sold for? Looks like such a nice acquisition for someone keen on this piece of history.
As nice as it is I could not offer this guy a penny more. May the next buyers cheque bounce right down the street.

$15,000.00 was what I was told by the Original Seller.... and that the New Buyer "was an avid Ford Car Guy and just wanted to take it to shows in his area".

I have no plans to bid on it, so if any of you want to go after it, please do so. (*) I just bought a couple of more Fire Engines I didn't need so, my non-business hobby budget is a little thin! MM

Those are the exact same oval plastic lenses(screwed through the face) that Superior Coach used on their school buses from 1957 until around 1960. I seriously doubt that Superior was selling those plastic lenses(with their name on them) to any other coach builders.

Red oval lenses do not a superior make. This truck was most likely built on one of a dozen small manufactures. like, Christopher, Seabert, Frankland Armbruster or even Zepher. To my knowledge superior never built on any truck line and never built off a Ford chassis. This truck was sold threw a superior dealership. It may have been that the buyer wanted roof lights and the dealer had them put on. but, if superior did build it they put there name on it. it would have the build tag on the firewall.

Sale Ended at $12,600.00

The e-bay listing says the "sale has ended" at $12,600.00 that is $2,400.00 less than what he paid for it a month or so ago????

Back