Northland Chapter Website

Jonathan Murphy

PCS Member
Am I the only one having trouble with the Northland Chapter's photo database? There was a note on the home page a few weeks ago stating that there was a problem, but the note has been removed but not the problem. Just wondering if it is me.
Thanks in advance.

I have sent 2 emails to the webmaster of the Northland website about this, and I have to assume that they are working to resolve the issue. These type of software problems can be quite difficult to track down and fix, so I can clearly understand why it is taking so long. I have no idea of who the original software writer / publisher is, or if the software is still supported with technical assistance, but that could be the basis of the problem. The technical expertise to isolate where the problem is located within the software isn't readily available, and they are looking for a person that has this expertise. This is all speculation on my part, based on issues that we have had with software in the past. We are lucky that if I am not able to resolve the problem, I have backup help available that has more experience and can usually find and fix any issue quite quickly.

Northland Photo Archive Database

Nah, we just turned it off for awhile to see if anybody was really using it...:071:

Seriously, I have been in contact with Dennis Goethe, our website manager, who informs me the problem is being worked on. The database will be back up and running ASAP.

Thanks to all who use and appreciate this resource!

Back