73 M-M combo to be in movie!

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
That's right, ya read the title correct! It all started and has been brewing and swirling in the back waters since before Daytona about the possibility of my 1973 Miller-Meteor Classic Cadillac Duplex appearing in a movie as a ambulance being filmed locally. Got a call about three weeks back from our local picture/film car guy wanting interior and exterior photos of the car, so I emailed him those. Got a call last week from him saying the directors loved the car and they wanted it! So yesterday me and my mom spent the better part of yesterday evening on the film set with the 73 as they shot the scenes for the upcoming move that will be released nationally in theaters late summer early fall of 2013. The movie is titled The Identical. Can't really reveal anything about the movie myself but I will tell this! From who I saw on set and who was in my car its not gonna be some mediocre film! I was able to take a few pictures with the 73 on set and a have a couple that I can share here! Needless to say this is one of the things I've had on my "pro-car bucket list" of things I'd wanted to do and I've done it and its probably the top of the list of anything I've gotten to do with a pro-car too!

Attachments

• The Idendica.l Dark Shadow's movie premere. 9-28-1012 009.jpg
    The Idendica.l Dark Shadow's movie premere. 9-28-1012 009.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 977
  • The Idendica.l Dark Shadow's movie premere. 9-28-1012 011.jpg
    The Idendica.l Dark Shadow's movie premere. 9-28-1012 011.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 986
Very cool Jeremy !

Waaaaaay better than one of those reality shows !!!

Looking forward to checking out the movie/TV show it will be on next year.

Just make sure it doesn't get damaged. I know from experience that it can happen easily. So does Bill !

Keep us posted,
Darren

Awesome accomplishment

Another awesome chance for the public to see a professional car in a positive light (I hope). I'm registered with a couple of "film commissions" here in Florida with the hopes of getting a call some day. They call me a lot, but not for anything I have. If you're not familiar with these groups, google film commission or agent in your state and community. Sign your cars up!!!

Another awesome chance for the public to see a professional car in a positive light (I hope). I'm registered with a couple of "film commissions" here in Florida with the hopes of getting a call some day. They call me a lot, but not for anything I have. If you're not familiar with these groups, google film commission or agent in your state and community. Sign your cars up!!!

Very cool. Im going to have to sign up. Not many films are made in Iowa, but who knows.

That's really exciting Jeremy! I assume since the pics that you took while on-set are while it's in ambulance configuration, they are needing an ambulance and not a hearse?

Abe

Conratulations Jeremy! The car looks great! It is very exciting to have one of your own cars on tv, or in a movie!

Had interest in my Pontiac Superior for the Disney Movie "Secretariat"' which was filmed right here in Carencro, LA. I had just got my car, and it still had a blown engine, so I had to tell them no since I couldn't guarantee a dependable event. I was honored to have been considered and saw them at our local horse track everyday as they were shooting.

I can assure you all no damages were done and it was treated and represented in a dignified manner too and not made a mockery of during filming! I was no more than 15 foot the entire time from the car and got to see all the action that was happening on set! Needless to say I'm still beside my self over getting to opportunity to do this and can wait till the movie is released in theaters next year!

I even got to train the extras who played the medics on how to properly handle, operate and load the cot as well too!

During rehearsal they had the director on the cot and they were going to put him in feet first. When told otherwise, they started spinning the cot around before they figured put he had to get off it and turn around. That was funny! And during the 2nd take they didn't have the door shut good and the actor ran up trying to shut it. That could have gotten ugly but would make a great blooper moment...lol.

Below is a copy of the official press release from the Tennessee Film, Entertainment & Music Commission, http://tn.gov/film.

TENNESSEE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RAY LIOTTA, ASHLEY JUDD, SETH GREEN, JOE PANTOLIANO
LEAD CAST OF “THE IDENTICAL” FILMING IN NASHVILLE

Nashville, TN, October 3 – Cameras are rolling on an independent feature film this week in Music City. “The Identical” is a retro music driven drama written by Howie Klausner, writer of “Space Cowboys.”
Liotta (Field of Dreams, Goodfellas), Judd (Double J eopardy, Dolphin Tale) Green (The Italian Job, Without a Paddle) and Pantoliano (The Matrix, The Fugitive) have all signed on to the project. Producers believe the film's unique story attracted them to the movie.
“We're so excited to work with such a talented group of all-stars,” says Executive Producer Yochanan Marcellino. “We've had a lot of interest in the film and will soon announce more additions to this amazing ensemble cast.”
The film follows the path of a musical family from the Be Bop 1950s through the Glam Rock 1970s. “It's a fictional story but one that is based on many key historical moments,” says Klausner. “I think anyone who lived through that time period will appreciate the evolution and history of Rock and Roll portrayed in this film.”

The film crew also includes a list of Hollywood veterans. Cinematographer Karl Walter Lindenlaub (Independence Day, The Chronicles of Narnia:prince Caspian), Producer Mark G. Mathis (Brick, Precious), Casting Director Mary Vernieu (Black Swan, Training Day), Costume Designer Karyn Wagner (The Notebook, The Green Mile) and Production Designer Keith Brian Burns (2 Fast 2 Furious, Hustle & Flow) have all signed on to work on the movie.
Music video award winner Dustin Marcellino will direct the film. In the spirit of a true family film, Dustin is Yochanan's son and grandson of legendary record producer Jerry Marcellino, best known for his work with Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson and other Motown artists. Jerry and Yochanan Marcellino are producing original music reflective of the time period for the movie.

Film locations include Music City's famed Grand Ole Opry House and War Memorial Auditorium. The film is the first for City of Peace Films, based in Nashville, and scheduled for release Fall 2013. Dustin Marcellino, Yochanan Marcellino and Howie Klausner are all Nashvillians.

Attention Editors: Executive Producer Yochanan Marcellino and Writer/Producer Howie Klausner are available for interviews.

Facebook: identicalmovie
Twitter: @The_Identical #TheIdentical

Tim Brown
Klausner Creative – Public Relations
klausnercreative.com
(615) 346-5334
press@theidenticalmovie.com

Wayne, great minds think alike. We've discussed having it shown at the local drive in and having Dark Shadow there. A meet would be great. I've had several friends tell me they will show up if that happens.

Attachments

• image-351524670.jpg
    image-351524670.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 379
Very cool Jeremy! Have fun with this project. Some big names in that film. Hopefully you get to meet the cast! Oh, by the way the car looks great!

Can't wait to see the movie! Remembers me when I went to the shooting of "The Woods" back in '05 with Francois Gamache's '56 Superior. One of the actor needed a hat for the shot, he misunderstood the storyboard and came with his head shaved ... for a movie taking place in 1965 so he borrowed mine on the shot. We trained both medics to use the cot fastener but the owner drove the car for the shot.

It is awesome to be in a movie set with period correct cars and props! a movie is like a small reenacting world on 180 degrees, and with special cars like your Combo it is very funny to be 100% accurate and check the actors to be period correct, know how to use the equipment properly, etc. Lucky!

One thing this website ought to have as a "sticky" - or as another PCS Publications put out by George Hamlin - is some sort of guidebook for pro-car owners who are interested in film and TV work, taking all the experiences of members who have done a lot of it and packaging it as a handy primer concerning what to expect and what to be on the lookout for. As from the fact they might have freeze the DVD to find their own car in the final cut of the film, PCS people seem to have generally had good luck at these shoots, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't think about what can go wrong.

Last edited:
It took me a couple times watching, but I finally caught the glimpse of your reflection in the hosue window, jumping up and down, hollering like Harry Fishbine, "that'll be $42.50 and 50 cents a mile!" :D

Back