1939 Hudson

John Forkner had mentioned a 1939 Hudson funeral car in another thread that I wanted to follow up on.

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showpost.php?p=841895363&postcount=20

attachment.php

I first saw this car in the back of the Hudson/Essex/Terraplane club newsletter in November. I, of course, grabbed the phone and called, but it had already been sold. I did find out from the owner though a little more about it, mostly told by photos he sent me. He noted that something like a crest, nameplate, etc. had been mounted on the rear side panels. He was determining this from the location of small mounting holes. Also, there are covered holes on the floor, where we believe casket rollers would have been mounted, as well as bier holes. All that said, we think it was used for flowers and also as a removal car.

10696176_10202897435303827_3862346248153065280_n.jpg

The car now belongs to Paul Jr. from the American Chopper show, who I understand is a car collector also. I have no idea what he plans for it, and I've not had any luck getting a hold of him to talk about it.

Adam,

It may be a while before Paul Jr. returns your call. Paul Jr. and Rachael welcomed they first child on Tuesday February 3. A boy, named Hudson.

John Forkner

I would say it is a service car. the inside looks like it and the moldings on the sides would confirm it as so.

Back