Strecher thieves

Warning, just to alert you funeral homes that leave church trucks and removal cots in your parked cars.
Recently here in Georgia we have had a rash of Hearse break-ins stretchers and church trucks stolen, rear door windows broken out. In one case the thief kicked in the funeral home door and stole a couple of stretchers.
Keep your equipment in the building out of view, engrave your firms name on the equipment for easy identification.

Warning, just to alert you funeral homes that leave church trucks and removal cots in your parked cars.
Recently here in Georgia we have had a rash of Hearse break-ins stretchers and church trucks stolen, rear door windows broken out. In one case the thief kicked in the funeral home door and stole a couple of stretchers.
Keep your equipment in the building out of view, engrave your firms name on the equipment for easy identification.

We have had a similar problem here in Sacramento area the last year or so.....most recycle places here, now wont even take cots,church trucks or ANY metal plaques or grave markers....and the ones that do take them require 3 forms of ID.

The city/county has even passed a law that if a business is found to accept any funeral related metal items without proper documentation there is a mandatory $5000 fine and loss of business license.

Seemed to have started when scrap aluminum hit $2.30 pound....

I doubt they are being sold for scrap... with the cost of a new one hovering in the $2000 to $3800 range, I am always hearing, "you don't know where I could buy a good used one man stretcher at doya?" and I usually say, "nope, the don't exist...".
They are worth much more in working condition...

Air conditioning units are worth much more in working condition too......... but they are not going back into service!

I doubt they are being sold for scrap... with the cost of a new one hovering in the $2000 to $3800 range, I am always hearing, "you don't know where I could buy a good used one man stretcher at doya?" and I usually say, "nope, the don't exist...".
They are worth much more in working condition...

Desperate times (or people) call for desperate measures....I dont really think that the people breaking and entering and stealing cots realize or really care what their value is ...as long as they get some fast cash.....and certainly there must be some being "scrapped" or our city would not have come up with a ordinance so fast.....and you know nothing cities do is fast :rolleyes:
just my thoughts....:)

Thefts

Check Craig's list, Ebay and Amazon for a non scrap value. A funeral home in our county bought 3 from this thief for $950. each before news of the thefts was made public, the funeral noted that he was armed. Be careful.

Back