63 M&M info

Post a picture of the body builder data plate, and someone will decipher it for you.

That is a 1963 Miller-Meteor Futura limousine style funeral coach or combination car. This was one of three "limousine" styles offered by Miller-Meteor in 1963. The others were the Classic and the Paramount. You don't see to many of these. In fact, if I am not mistaken, 1963 was the only year that this particular limousine style was produced.

Yes, Miller-Meteor used this name in 1963 but, only for this particular body style - with extra windows. I have never seen one of these in the "flesh" so to speak but have seen pictures and Miller-Meteor's catalog art of these as both funeral cars and ambulances. They are also pictured and described in McPherson's comprehensive Miller-Meteor book.

Wow! A '63 M-M Futura 3-way would have been an extremely rare car even in 1963, if there were any others built at all!

I just realized that it has the optional upper body stainless trim as well! You could do a lot of interesting paint scemes with that option! That coach really is an odd duck!

That's why I had to buy it. A limo style 3 way is rare enough, but this one has all kinds of strange options. I thought maybe it was a concept car or something of that nature.

This was the 251st car Miller-Meteor built in 1963 and, as has already been said, as Futura and a three-way this was also something of a rarity.

I don't think I've ever seen so much glass on a coach! This is an incredible car, I'm so glad you have saved it!

Yes, unfortunately it still happens......... even to the old coaches. In 1984 a (then)friend of mine ran a 1960 M-M Futura combination in a couple of local demolition derbies(pre-Ghost Busters). The only thing that that coach needed was a windshield. The previous owner had removed the windshield because he needed it for his Cadillac Series 75. The coach had no rust anywhere and all original paint!

Unfortunately it still happens

Yes, unfortunately it still happens......... even to the old coaches. In 1984 a (then)friend of mine ran a 1960 M-M Futura combination in a couple of local demolition derbies(pre-Ghost Busters). The only thing that that coach needed was a windshield. The previous owner had removed the windshield because he needed it for his Cadillac Series 75. The coach had no rust anywhere and all original paint!

The 64 was one step away from being gutted for a band transport :eek:. Thanks to Kurt for the sale post it is off today to a great new home. :)

Attachments

• DSC03206 (1).jpg
    DSC03206 (1).jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC03191.jpg
    DSC03191.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC03249.jpg
    DSC03249.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC03263.jpg
    DSC03263.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 202
Wow! Did that ever clean up nicely. It's got a beautiful patina about it and the rear compartment and table look really great in your photos. I know that there are a great many of us who are thankful that you got the car and that it's going to be preserved. Congratulations...again.

Im glad that Futura got saved. I know when I saw it at a show last year the owner threatened to scrap it if it didn't sell that weekend.

Im glad that Futura got saved. I know when I saw it at a show last year the owner threatened to scrap it if it didn't sell that weekend.

....... and you didn't post anything about it here on our website at that time?? You should always post information on available coaches if it is not something that you are looking to buy.

Back