88 Cadillac/Miller Meteor Customized Hearse

A Collins by any other name is still crap. This model was initially known as the Collens Le Classic. They later acquired the Miller-Meteor name and built the same crap under that name - thereby the degrading the iconic Miller-Meteor brand name.

A Collins by any other name is still crap. This model was initially known as the Collens Le Classic. They later acquired the Miller-Meteor name and built the same crap under that name - thereby the degrading the iconic Miller-Meteor brand name.

Now, now...... There are plenty of coach dealers out there that say the same thing about the Canadian-built Eurekas!

Now, now...... There are plenty of coach dealers out there that say the same thing about the Canadian-built Eurekas!

but they are the one that didn't get to sell them. but in defense the 89 Collins I had was a lot classier in a number of ways then this 92 superior.
both have they cut corners. just different ones. if this one has the 307 in it I pass.

I am not a huge fan of custom hearses (although I do like rat rods), I like this one, and Its nice they did not tear the casket table out like a lot of others I have seen recently. When it was posted a couple months ago I was interested until I saw the price.
I agree with ED, although Collins were not well built, they were very nice classy looking coaches, and Ive came close to buying one w few times.

What ??????

Ok Kurt I saw your post last week but I couldn't write anything til now. I really hope you were kidding ??? when you made that comment.

I have NEVER heard one person say that they had a problem with the quality control of a McPherson built Canadian Eureka. what everyone had a problem with was the Front wheel Drive platform. But what Tom did to the fwd platform cars no other builder's did.

example: instead of leaving the rear strut housing in place and having a "bottlenck" in the casket compartment, Eureka built all new rear axle system for the fwd cars thus eliminting the "bottleneck"
no one else bothered to go the extra mile !

True not too many people liked the new fwd cars but what Tom did with what he had was short of a miracle ! The Eureka's were by far the best looking professional cars of the 1980's so to put the Tom's McPherson's Eureka's on the same level as a Collins is a bit off base.

Ok I know thats not what Kurt said but it was implied

just my opinion of course !!

Mike,
You will want to re-read my comments. I, too, like the styling of the Canadian-built Eurekas. I HAVE personally heard coach dealers make the same comments about the quality of the Canadian-built Eurekas that Tom made about Collins-built coaches.

Ok Kurt I saw your post last week but I couldn't write anything til now. I really hope you were kidding ??? when you made that comment.

I have NEVER heard one person say that they had a problem with the quality control of a McPherson built Canadian Eureka. what everyone had a problem with was the Front wheel Drive platform. But what Tom did to the fwd platform cars no other builder's did.

example: instead of leaving the rear strut housing in place and having a "bottlenck" in the casket compartment, Eureka built all new rear axle system for the fwd cars thus eliminting the "bottleneck"
no one else bothered to go the extra mile !

True not too many people liked the new fwd cars but what Tom did with what he had was short of a miracle ! The Eureka's were by far the best looking professional cars of the 1980's so to put the Tom's McPherson's Eureka's on the same level as a Collins is a bit off base.

Ok I know thats not what Kurt said but it was implied

just my opinion of course !!

Mike, I have also heard a lot of dealers and others complain about the Canadian Eurekas. The trailing axle he used in place of the stock rear setup was known to crack. Many have been welded back together. They also did not use the special coachbuilders chassis that Superior and S&S used. The windshields for the FWDs were made by him, and not available (that may just be on the FWD Buick, and Olds). These are some of the complaints. I personally do not like the looks of his FWD Cadillacs, but I do love his RWD coaches, having owned a 1982 Eureka Cadillac Concourse, and currently a 1985 Eureka Pontiac Chieftain. I personally have not had any experience with the FWDs so I cant form a personal opinion, but I have heard some bad things.
Just like all things, everyone has their own opinion. Just like the people that hate the small FWDS, I like them (I just hate that they are FWD), and people don't like the new hearses, while others love them. Just depends. I for one would love to have a (junk by most people) Collins.

Back