Where are they now?

So what did it become? Did it become an ambulance again or is it still a GB-wannabe?

Why do people insist on doing this to any old ambulance/hearse so they can have their very own GB car? Hotwheels makes a nice one if they really want one of their own. :rolleyes:

Steve I heard this car is still around .. Entering in the world of GB fans you can't imagine how a '59 M-M is their holy grail. This one seems ugly as an Ecto-1 replica but still, it's a 1959 and a Miller-Meteor..

The following each passed through the same OH collection. This batch is circa '81-'82.

'59 MM Futura. Note a second '59 S&S behind and '59 MM flower car farther back.

1010382_10151741554778221_1262356617_n.jpg

Note '59 S&S Parkway in background.

536621_10151741554773221_316082564_n.jpg

'59 MM flower car. Note '59 Series 75 in background.

995762_10151741555258221_675583932_n.jpg

Note '59 MM Futura in background.

1016445_10151741555253221_1272109335_n.jpg

These are circa '83.

'59 S&S Parkway. Note '59 Superior in background.

1016971_10151741553098221_351789938_n.jpg

Note '59 Futura in background. I refuse to accept that this S&S has been scrapped in the last 30 years.

1004656_10151741554108221_531291923_n.jpg

'59 Superior Royale. OH circa '83. Recognize any of these since?

1003499_10151741554588221_1693775736_n.jpg

Heres a '55 Pontiac limousine style by Superior I found in Calgary back in '04. All the parts were stuffed in the back. All the glass was good, had a 455 Olds motor...sold for $300

66 MM in Tampa

Carey is right- Marty Schmeisser bought this and had it restored. It's hard to tell the color in the picture. He had it done in a similar color. The first time I saw it I thought it was between a metallic root beer (my own words) and gold.

When Marty was driving home from the body shop, he was hit head on. So it went right back in the shop. I recall seeing it around 1999 at car show in Dunedin, FL. Haven't seen or talked to him since Daytona (2004).

1969 Cadillac Combination

1985' Cadillac Fleetwood Limo (1G6DW4780F9741288) with 17k original miles with 4.1L V8(Still has the rear tail light surrounds intact)

1965 Cadillac Flower car

Image heavy link

http://forums.aaca.org/f119/cadillac-hearse-flower-car-limo-sale-247006.html

what ever happened to these three professional vehicles?

First step is to contact the poster on that forum since it has not been that long (2008) since they were advertised. :/ Most of the time sellers will say at least what area they went to.

However if you "read" his posts, he states this is one persons cars (collection). More than likely most of them are probably still sitting the property (pro-cars that is). Collectors vs Salvagers, Collectors hoard and are hard to buy from no matter the state of the cars. Salvagers are adept on ridding themselves of the clutter for $$$ a little better than scrap weight.

PM the man if you want to know....

1969 Cadillac Combination

1985' Cadillac Fleetwood Limo (1G6DW4780F9741288) with 17k original miles with 4.1L V8(Still has the rear tail light surrounds intact)

1965 Cadillac Flower car

Image heavy link

http://forums.aaca.org/f119/cadillac-hearse-flower-car-limo-sale-247006.html

what ever happened to these three professional vehicles?

The 65 McClain looked familiar. I saw it in the "flesh" in like 98 or 99ish. Adam Borkat would remember the guys name. I seem to recall this "collection" being dispersed on ebay a number of years ago as possibly an estate thing.

The 65 McClain looked familiar. I saw it in the "flesh" in like 98 or 99ish. Adam Borkat would remember the guys name. I seem to recall this "collection" being dispersed on ebay a number of years ago as possibly an estate thing.

Thomas Eskew. He was one of those guys, if you met him, you would have liked him. I remember leaving a show in Jasper when he decided to get out on the bypass and light up his '69. He got a ticket for it, and later told me he didn't care because he was lucky enough to be wealthy enough to still have fun :)

I saw those pictures of the '65 a couple years ago. Back when we used to see him a lot at our gatherings in GA (late '90s), it was a very nice, well kept car. I assume he must have not used it much before passing away (2007), as it looks like it sat for a long time.

I went to visit Thomas couple or three years ago. The 69 was in his front driveway where picture was taken. A tree limb had broke the dome on the light on roof and he didn't cover it so the rain was getting in. Think he priced it to me for about $2500 which I felt was a little high being it had not been driven in years and deteriorated a lot more from pictures you see in this post. Maybe I should have bought anyway? The limo had been moved to back yard and getting in really bad shape. He had painted it when he got it but not great job and had a lot of rust coming through around top edge and doors, etc. I didn't even make an offer on that one. The flower car on the other hand was sold on eBay to guy in California which later reposted for sale and don't know if it sold or where it went but Thomas always said it had rusty frame and not worth doing anything with. All the funny VW's were sold on eBay or most of them. The jag is probably gone now too. As Adam said if you ever met Thomas you would like him, he was different in a lot of ways but neat guy and had beautiful home in Atlanta. His neighbors didn't care much for all his cars in front of this mansion but being all were tagged and insured they couldn't say much. At one point he had garages at his house to store most of them but storm destroyed that along with several cars and he never rebuilt. He had a nice 70 hearse that was sent to the scrap yard after the garage fell on it. Adam probably enjoyed his friendship as much as me. Don't know if he is still alive, should make an effort to find out I guess. He also had tons of old gas pumps, etc. and his house was like a museum.

................... Don't know if he is still alive, should make an effort to find out I guess. ............

Thomas David Eskew, Sr., age 77, was born February 4, 1930 in Lebanon, TN and went home to be with his Lord on March 20, 2007. He is the son of the late John William Eskew and Fruzie Palona Eskew. He was predeceased by his sisters, Edna Eskew, Frances Eskew and Tish Eskew Howard and one brother, Jay Eskew. Mr. Eskew was an active member of North Avenue Presbyterian Church in Atlanta, GA. He and his wife, Anne had recently moved to Cary, NC where they attended Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church. Mr. Eskew was a city planner with the Atlanta Housing Authority and later worked in commercial real estate before retiring. He served in the Army during the Korean War. Mr. Eskew was a graduate of Lebanon High School, Middle Tennessee State University, and received his graduate degree from The Georgia Institute of Technology. He was a member of the Yellow Jacket Club and remained actively involved with the Georgia Tech Athletic Association, hardly missing any football or basketball games! He is survived by his wife of 46 years, Anne Ezzard Eskew; daughter, Julia Eskew Tate and husband Frank Tate of Cary, NC; son, Dr. Thomas David Eskew, Jr. and wife, Elizabeth Oestreich Eskew of Wilmington, NC; five grandchildren: Victoria, Mallory and Christopher Tate, Fisher and Maxwell Eskew; sisters, Geraldine Eskew, Helen Major and brother, Robert Eskew, all of Lebanon, TN. Visitation will be held at Roswell Funeral Home on Mansell Road, Roswell, GA on Friday, March 23, from 6-8pm. A graveside service will be held at the Roswell Cemetery on Saturday, March 24 at 9:30am with a memorial service at North Avenue Presbyterian Church, Atlanta, GA at 11:00am. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Music and Arts Department at North Avenue Presbyterian Church. Roswell Funeral Home, 950 Mansell Road, Roswell, GA 30076, 770-993-4811, www.roswellfuneralhome.com.
Published in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on March 22, 2007

The red 59 S&S Clearwater Ambo was for sale from CWCOACH back in circa '00. I was working on getting it shipped when it sold to someone else. Site price was only $1500

Back