Piqua Miller-Meteor event "meetup"?

Lets say a guy wants to bring his non Miller-Meteor ambulance to Piqua this weekend and hang out with people for a few hours, listen to some stories and see the cars in attendance. Where and when is a good time to do that? The hotel? Somewhere easy to get in and out of, where most of the people there will be. I think last year if you participated in the car show you had to stay all day because it was hard to move vehicles or something like that?

Is there anything scheduled like a lunch or dinner at a certain place? Are people going to be in and out on tours this time, or will people generally be staying together?

You can look over the M-M Reunion thread in the events forums and pretty much see what all will be happening all weekend. It will tell you the address's etc of the hotel and all as well. Hope to see you and your ambo this weekend!

Todd,
I want to see that car! I have waited a long time and heard a lot about it.:drive2:

non M-M at Piqua

Todd,
Call Tom Caserta at the number listed in the other thread. I think it is
937 773 5840. He is the dealing with the city officials on the parking for procars. There are a couple non M-M procars going to be there. We have at least 12 procars on the list if all show. You could start at the motel and then follow the group to the parking close to the library. The book signing is set to start at 5pm. I think we will probably want to have our cars in place a bit before that. I still don't know what all Tom has planned for Saturday. I would bet there will be a lunch with the retirees from the M-M plant. We have done that at every reunion so far.
Check the other thread for the phone number. Tom does not have a computer.
Mike

Sounds like it's going to be a nice show and it appears that even the weather is going to cooperate - with both days predicted to be sunny and warm. I'm just an attendee (without a car) but, from my perspective, the more hearses and ambulances that can be amassed, the better. From what I gather, this is part of an annual street "arts" fair that they have in Piqua and there'll be a lot of locals on the streets viewing the cars and talking to the owners. Hope I can get over there, see the cars, meet McPherson and get my books signed.

Not to be a downer, but the latest weather I looked at shows a rather large rain mass moving toward Ohio that will probably arrive sometime Friday. No matter. That's why cars have windshield wipers.

Keith, maybe you do not have a car there but I bet you can catch a ride in the jump seat of one the combos or ambulances in attendance down to the show. I know I have the Tighes although Jerry was trying to woo them for the return trip.

catching a ride

No one has spoken for the front passenger or jump seats in my 61 yet. Oh yeah, the gurney is open too.
Mike

I saw the weather forecast tonight and at least up this way they are calling for a 40% chance of rain Friday and 80% Saturday every other day sunny. What are they saying for the Piqua area?

Sounds like it's going to be a nice show and it appears that even the weather is going to cooperate - with both days predicted to be sunny and warm. I'm just an attendee (without a car) but, from my perspective, the more hearses and ambulances that can be amassed, the better. From what I gather, this is part of an annual street "arts" fair that they have in Piqua and there'll be a lot of locals on the streets viewing the cars and talking to the owners. Hope I can get over there, see the cars, meet McPherson and get my books signed.

Keith, if you still want to go & IF i can get the day off work... make the short drive from Shelby to my house in Bucyrus & you can ride over in a hearse. Although it's an S&S i'm sure we can find a place to fit in somewhere!

Invitation to Bippus

It looks as if my work schedule will prohibit me joining the festivities in Piqua, but I have Thursday and Friday off. If anyone would like to stop by and see my cars, except for my '60 Eureka which is being painted, feel free to phone me 260-433-7379 (Verizon cell) and I'll see if I can accommodate your schedule. Go to Mapquest and type in Bippus IN to see the location. Preview at the links below:

www.bippusautostorage.com

www.bippusautostorage.com/cars

Tom

Look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones at the meet. I will be bringing old blue (70 caddy MM combo). I will have a few spare goodies for sale too if anyone wants anything. One item, too big to bring many, is the child caskets I recently got from the funeral home I used to work at. All are dated from 1940-1958 and in excellent shape. Sizes from approx. 2ft to 3ft and either cloth covered or silk like material. No shipping if I have pre-orders. PM me for details.:alc:

Back