Front End Clicking Noise

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
I replaced the shocks on the front of my 1969 CC Caddy, and found that I had a constant clicking noise when driving it. After a lot of investigating, and talking to the folks at Monroe Shock, I learned that the old shocks used a smaller top washer that didn't interfere with the upper control arm shafts. Thanks to Ed Renstrom, I now have pictures to show you. In the first picture, you can see the oversized washer, and how it is too close to the shaft. In the second picture, you can see the smaller washer.

Attachments

• shock 1.jpg
    shock 1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 169
  • shock 2.jpg
    shock 2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 166
I replaced the shocks on the front of my 1969 CC Caddy, and found that I had a constant clicking noise when driving it. After a lot of investigating, and talking to the folks at Monroe Shock, I learned that the old shocks used a smaller top washer that didn't interfere with the upper control arm shafts. Thanks to Ed Renstrom, I now have pictures to show you. In the first picture, you can see the oversized washer, and how it is too close to the shaft. In the second picture, you can see the smaller washer.

Paul I was going to Suggest You Check the Horseshoes on your ride LOL

Russ

Back