Limo at Berlin Heights, Oho Basket Festival

Barb and I took the '64 over to Berlin Heights for the Basket Festival Parade today. When we got there the lady told us that they were having an antique car show downtown, and insisted that we go down for it. Well, we got there just after they had finished judging the cars so we couldn't participate in that. What caught my eye was this absolutely gorgeous 1949 Chrysler limo. This baby was beautiful!!!!! I couldn't tell if it was all original or a very good restoration. Stunning!!!!!!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 288
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 288
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 285
Tribute to an a PCS member...

Berlin Heights is where long time PCS member and friend of mine Tom Hinman operated the family funeral home. Tom was way ahead of his time in the ambulance business. He ran the famous "Hinman Ambuliners". He always had the latest, best equipment available. We stopped and took a couple photos of the '64 in front of the place, now called the Morman, Hinman Tanner Funeral Home.

If memory serves me correctly there is a photo(s) of Tom's Criterion staged this way somewhere on this site. I believe he used to have calendar photos taken with his cars this way every year.

We were looking to see Tom while we were there but couldn't find him. He would very much appreciate the '64. Fact is we saw Sheriff Paul Sigsworth at parade staging, and he said he's pretty sure Tom had a '64 like ours. He will be checking that out for us. Anyway, here's the photos we got.....

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 296
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 288
The Kelsey-Hayes wheels would not be original on that '49 Chrysler, but they sure do look awesome on it! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Unfortunately, funeral homes still using these beautiful converted Victorian single-family homes are getting to be a thing of the past in my part of the world. The few that do still remain have been so badly "remuddled" over the years that there is virtually nothing remaining of their original character.

Unfortunately, funeral homes still using these beautiful converted Victorian single-family homes are getting to be a thing of the past in my part of the world. The few that do still remain have been so badly "remuddled" over the years that there is virtually nothing remaining of their original character.

I agree, its sad they are disappearing. There is nothing like a stately old Victorian home.

Back