What kind of seat for a 1958 Cadillac Professional Car?

Seems my friend's 1958 series 62 coupe front seat won't work. The back of the seat(s) in the middle should go straight across, but his seat has a big notch, hard to explain, looks sort of like two bucket seats. Looks like a fake arm rest.

Anyhow it does not look like the pictures I posted of the pro car seat.

Has anybody got a seat like my picture?

I can check up in rapid for one. pretty sure that 4 door had a complete seat in it

Thank you, John.

Does the 4 door seat fold forward? There is a sound system behind the seat in the flower car that needs to be accessed sometimes. It would seem the original seat had a split back.

the Eureka has a split seat to access the rear floor. the thing that is hard to wrap you mind around on the pro car is the low end stuff. one thinks of a caddy as being top line. the after market people were looking for appearance only. not comfort for the person that would only spend very few hours in the car.
I will print up a few pictures of this one and see what we can match up.

the Eureka has a split seat to access the rear floor. the thing that is hard to wrap you mind around on the pro car is the low end stuff. one thinks of a caddy as being top line. the after market people were looking for appearance only. not comfort for the person that would only spend vary few hr in the car.
I will print up a few pictures of this one and see what we can match up.

I understand that it was not built for sumptuous! That is ok. I'll put a very nice black leather looking vynl on it. Just want the proper seat. Save the walrus hide for the Eldos :D:D

true I was referring to the design of it. this is what you are looking for. now not being a 58 caddy man(others here have every nut and bolt memorized) I can't say if eureka use caddy tracks and a different floor or they made one of the other sets of track fit the floor with the addition of the wood shims on the inside. but you can see the shape and the trim your looking for here.

it would be interesting to see if there were any differences in the MM Seat. maybe Rocky can post some of it and we can compare

Attachments

• IMG_0176a.jpg
    IMG_0176a.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0177a.jpg
    IMG_0177a.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0178a.jpg
    IMG_0178a.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0179a.jpg
    IMG_0179a.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0180a.jpg
    IMG_0180a.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 192
made it into the yard today. and the one 58 I was thinking of is missing in action. the only other split bench he has if this one off a 56. you can see the difference in the back. I can will remember the strap. but the shape is the same even if the trim is different and the track have the same step in them but caddy only used the outer two. bit of interest that 59 next to it is the one with the newly overhauled engine and the factory try power set up. I sent the wiper motor off it to New York. she has been sitting right there for at least 15 years. on of those projects that never got finished.

Attachments

• IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 163
There is still a '57 Superior sitting in a yard in Coffeyville, KS that has its original seat as well.

Back