Crash Testing 1972 Style..

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Sure glad that all these cars are driverless...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bESXIHhTC90[/ame]

LOL, what is this, "gang up on the little guy" day? Looks like the Gremlin did the best out of the older, smaller cars. I know the off-set crash results of the 2005 Pontiac Bonneville I am driving is better than average, checked that out before I bought it. Very interesting.....thanks.

After a crash here on Monday, I'd say that a VW Jetta is equal to the pinto. A 45mph crash with a minivan turned it into a sub-subcompact.

If they would have had a.......

If they would have had a rear end collision at the same combined speed (or even less) with the Pinto it would have probably immediately caught on fire. I can remember Cal-Trans (California's DOT) buying a whole slug of Pintos painted solid "Omaha Orange" from the factory for their State Highway Inspectors and they banded togther refusing to drive them with all the negative media coverage of Pintos catching on fire at the time. Being one of Ford's huge national fleet accounts at the time, they made some some kind of a swap back for a few less and safer F-150 pickups.

If I were to get crunched I would prefer either my 73 Lincoln towncar of my 72 Cadillac Sedan Deville, the extra steel compared to my nissan gives me a better feeling of walking away. Using the good old full size cars compared to the new ones just doesn't seem fair.

Back