75 Lifeliner restoration began 8/22

Kevin Lynch

PCS Member
Hi Everyone! I'm pleased to announce that my son-in-law (Dave Miner) started restoration on my 75 Lifeliner this past weekend. The car has been in his garage for about two years (you may recall it shares a garage with a disassembled Cessna 150). He lifted the front clip off with an engine hoist. Plenty of pictures as usual at:
http://www.thelynches.org
Dave and the car are in South Carolina. I've only seen the car in person once!
I'll post photos on the site as often as Dave sends them to me.
I am in contact with it's original owner, the Keyport (NJ) First Aid Squad. You'll notice the firewall is yellow- the original color of the rig. If any of you have photos of this rig (Tim, Leo???) I'd love to see them.
Thanks!
Kevin

Please tell me that you are going to take it back to the original colors.. Personally, I think that there are too many red and white ambulances at this point, and to see a yellow and white one would be a real show stopping treat. I wanted to paint my 1978 green and white, but couldn't come to terms with Sandy as to what color green to use. In the end, I went with red only because it was the only color that we both agreed on...

1970 GM Flame Red

Sorry Paul, it has to match my Pirsch.... and other vehicles I don't yet own. I am hoping to do a fire chief car replica and pick up a mini-pumper...and they'll all be white over flame red....of course that will be if I can ever find a place here in Venice with a barn.

Hi Everyone! I'm pleased to announce that my son-in-law (Dave Miner) started restoration on my 75 Lifeliner this past weekend. The car has been in his garage for about two years (you may recall it shares a garage with a disassembled Cessna 150). He lifted the front clip off with an engine hoist. Plenty of pictures as usual at:
http://www.thelynches.org
Dave and the car are in South Carolina. I've only seen the car in person once!
I'll post photos on the site as often as Dave sends them to me.
I am in contact with it's original owner, the Keyport (NJ) First Aid Squad. You'll notice the firewall is yellow- the original color of the rig. If any of you have photos of this rig (Tim, Leo???) I'd love to see them.
Thanks!
Kevin

Congratulations Kevin and as you have done with so many vehicles in the past, it will be a beautiful car when you get done with it.

Kevin!

Good to see you on THIS site!

Hope al is well with you and all those women you deal with!

My best to you and Ann!

Wish you had come to Flint...

Slain'te!

Rick

Kudos, Kevin!

Glad to see you are back among the "ambulance restorers" AND with a Miller-Meteor, no less. A 1975 Lifeliner...nice choice! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Looks like it's up to me to return my Lifeliner to the original YELLOW! :eek:

Attachments

• Picture_002[1].jpg
    Picture_002[1].jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 181
Kevin, welcome back to the living, thought you disappeared! ;)

I'd bet that NJ PCS member Rich Litton has photos of your car. You have to call him around dinner time - his phone number is in the PCS directory (or e-mail me directly). He does not have e-mail.

Good luck on the restoration.

Looking forward to the day...

Richard- looking forward to the day when both our cars are photographed together!!!!
Thanks
Kev
(This is a retirement project and I don't expect to retire until 2013).

Kevin, welcome back to the living, thought you disappeared! ;)

Good luck on the restoration.

He hasn't disappeared. You just have to know what donut shop to look for him in........

I remember there was an ambulance service in Worcester in the '70's that had several yellow M&M Cadillac ambulances in it's fleet. I LOVED those cars!

Bet that you can't remember the names of the ambulance services in Worcester that came before Worcester - Himmer..:D

Glad to hear you have another ambulance project in the works, Kevin. The link on your page to the '75 Lifeliner isn't working at present, though. I'll have to agree w/ Mr. S. that here are a lot of red/white ambulances around (I'm guilty!) and would encourage you to consider the original yellow scheme. That would be very unique. Regardless, I'm sure it will be a beautiful car. Since it's in my neighborhood, maybe I'll get to see the progress!

Richard- looking forward to the day when both our cars are photographed together!!!!
Thanks
Kev
(This is a retirement project and I don't expect to retire until 2013).

Me too Kevin, not retirement but getting together. FYI: Florida Chapter of PCS getting going again and need you as a member.
Good luck on that nice Lifeliner.

Kevin, It is great to see you back in action again. I am going to get a lot of joy watching this one, you and Dave always do it right! I am going to be watching to see what I can learn.

Back