Horn Repair

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
I haven't tried this yet, but was told...
I was told to spray a bit of WD 40 into them, shake it around, then alternate applying power to them with shaking and spraying,gradually they started sounding then about 5 minutes both were working great..

When I need a loud noise to replace a broken horn, I just have my wife ride with me. When I need a loud noise, I simply tell her I baught another old hearse. Her scream gathers more attention than any car horn!

:rofl:

Take the horn apart and file the points. They are probably burnt or corroded. I can't think that squirting liquid in a horn is good for it.WD40 is mostly water. $200.00 to fix a horn seems to be an interesting price(As per John ED would say). If the coil is open, that would be a different story. Cheap and best fix is file the points.

Mike... horns have been riveted together for more years than I can remember. If you think that $200 is expensive for hours of work, then price a funeral and see what that costs. :4_11_9:

Mike... horns have been riveted together for more years than I can remember. If you think that $200 is expensive for hours of work, then price a funeral and see what that costs. :4_11_9:

Funerals are a good value. A death is one of the three major changes in life....Birth, Marriage and Death. Of the three, the funeral is the cheapest. A proper funeral can help many people death with the loss of a friend or family member.

Of the three, the birth of my children was an amazing event that will haunt me for the rest of my life. My marriage gave me a wonderful wife (but it also gave me a mother-in-law). My funeral may be my only escape.

I work in a funeral home, but I passed by marriage, then will pass by birth in january (Little boy on its way, thank you Karine!). I certify that Funerals are the cheapest of 3 in todays day.

But to get back to the horn... who really use it? Depends of where you live I think.

It is apparent that my thoughts were not conveyed well. What I was referring to is the small cost of making something whole again, in comparison to what the costs are for products when someone dies. Paying the costs of a funeral don't bring any joy, at least in my opinion. It is a very solemn event that brings tears to all those involved.
Fixing the horns on your car to make them as good as new is a small expense for the joy that it will give you..... especially the day that you need them to warn others of a danger ahead.

Who needs a horn if you got a siren.:071:

Josh

That is what I use on my 49. I had to disconnect the horn because when you turn the wheel right it went off, too lazy to see why. Besides, the deer around here are not scared of car horns, but they do not like the Federal C6.

Back