'64 Superior Pontiac Consort Landau

What's under the removable section of the table behind the driver? I'm trying to figure out why they had to offset the rollers and bier pin.

35810192-942.jpg

spare tire well. you got to put it some place. standard doors will not let it slide out flat, no divider to let it stand behind the seat. to have to unload everything to get to it makes it kind of unhandy and you forget to check it very often but it has to go some place. now if it was just a combo a man would have something

A place to put the church truck, and be able to lift it out, since the shorter door doesn't allow for a 90 degree opening?? Take your choice, what are you more likely to need in a hearse... church truck or spare tire???

What's under the removable section of the table behind the driver

A place to put the church truck, and be able to lift it out, since the shorter door doesn't allow for a 90 degree opening?? Take your choice, what are you more likely to need in a hearse... church truck or spare tire???

My 63 has the same idea ,spare and jack under the left panel but has room in the rt foot well for the church cart.

Attachments

• DSC01225.jpg
    DSC01225.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC01326.jpg
    DSC01326.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 203
being the dark green it is not the norm either. so where is the man that was looking for a smaller Hearse? but think about he church truck. were would you put the casket so you could place the truck under it in the car? spare tire and jack

Proceed with caution?

The current high bid (again) is from "h***o". They are a new eBay user, have zero feedback, have only ever used eBay to bid on this car, and are bidding frequently and in large even increments. Every time another person bids, h***o comes behind and one-ups them, but just a little. This tells me either it's either a very inexperienced bidder who specifically registered with eBay just to buy this car, or... something fishy's going on.

I'd bet on the latter. I also think you'll see their bidding stop just before or right at $6,000, which I think is the reserve. All just speculation of course.

Proceed with caution?

The current high bid (again) is from "h***o". They are a new eBay user, have zero feedback, have only ever used eBay to bid on this car, and are bidding frequently and in large even increments. Every time another person bids, h***o comes behind and one-ups them, but just a little. This tells me either it's either a very inexperienced bidder who specifically registered with eBay just to buy this car, or... something fishy's going on.

I'd bet on the latter. I also think you'll see their bidding stop just before or right at $6,000, which I think is the reserve. All just speculation of course.

Look now- you might have been right on the money!

It's been online for sale in a couple places for $6500, so I figured the seller's going to let it get pushed up close to that before it meets the reserve. If he is having someone bid for him, he may be doing himself more harm than good, since most high bidders on cars don't actually follow through. It's also good for no one, not the buyer, seller, or collectors, if the market gets an artificial inflation because of illegitimate bids. Means next guy with one will automatically think theirs is worth that plus 10% for no reason.

That is one really nice consort, always liked those cars. Don't know if I like it for $6,700.00. trouble is try finding another one in that condition. Plus,if I bought it I would probably have to sleep in it.:eek:

This is Jeff Shimo's old consort. He sold it last fall and this guy now is flipping the car. He claimed to have someone "coming today" to pick the car up several days ago and subsequently does not answer or return phone calls. Caveat emptor.

Back