1955 Cadillac Flower /Parade Car

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5753298579.html

Here's a weird one. Asking $24000. Ad reads:
Jake 414-331-1151. "Classic, Custom Built 1955 Cadillac Flower Car. Very rare model built from a 1955 Cadillac "Coupe" and NOT a 4-door sedan. Looks like an El Camino with a short wheel base and has perfect proportions. I got it out of a 20-year storage. Car has been restored in about the 1990's. Good driving car with like-new tires. Car can be enjoyed as is and is very presentable. It gets attention wherever you go! Car has been set up as a parade car with fully upholstered rear section and removable seats that match thew front seat upholstery (not shown), CB radio, AM/FM radio and loud speaker system. Also has a red light and loud speakers mounted on a luggage rack and a siren under the hood. Car was probably built in the Chicago area. Has a hard cover for rear section made from 2 trunk lids, but was never used. Original engine and 4-speed automatic transmission. Jake 414-331-1151"

Pictures will display seats and a stereo loudspeaker system installed but, "probably Chicago Built". Interesting. I kinda like it :) Maybe, Major Richard J Daley rode in it. Would make a great car to delve into the history.

Attachments

• 01111_2R2iPEwdUAv_600x450.jpg
    01111_2R2iPEwdUAv_600x450.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 361
Seller is using the word "restored" pretty loosely! All that cheap velvet makes me itch just looking at it! Crushed velvet inserts to boot!

I guess one way to deal with a nasty back bumper is to just fill it and paint it flat black!

I can assure you all that this is not and never was either a product of The Eureka Company or a flower car. Nuff said? I'll leave it at that. Wouldn't want to up-set someone by actually saying what I think of this "creation".

This was at the meet in Milwaukee. It is a modern custom pickup-conversion of a sedan. The rear end, under the cover, has a very ungainly and angular floor that rises up over the wheels and rear axle, with large stereo speakers, and is carpeted to cover the steel and welds.

It's not an unattractive car. But it's not a flower car, and it never was.

Back