1955 Pontiac Superior Ambulance - Movie Car from Animal House

What a steal - Buy it, take it to Barnett-Jackon and double your $, after all "Belushi sat in this and got high"

1955 Pontiac Superior Ambulance - Movie Car from Animal House

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5750150167.html

You make me want to SHOUT!! The ultimate tailgate vehicle. Bluto's Bus. Seen in movie set parking lot. 1955 Pontiac Superior Ambulance. Was running when parked years ago. Body is complete, solid and not rusted out. Pics are of ambulance before it was lightly washed, trying to save as much of the original lettering patina as possible. Belushi sat in this and got high. The ambulance is in Eugene ,Oregon. $20,000 SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY!! Call/Text 541-554-82sevenseven.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 852
I love the vehicle, but I am not crazy about the price. Is this a vehicle that is "worth more" as is because of its appearance in a movie, or is it more valuable restored?....if the answer is the latter, then a starting point of -$20,000 seems bit much....love the ambulance though!

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_36597-Pontiac-Ambulance-1955.html

The link will take you to a pic of the ambulance in the movie; the body appears similar to what it is now.

I don't generally bad-mouth a seller, but maybe he is the person getting high in the car. I mean seriously, just because someone sat in a car and got high in it, does not add value.

some think it does and really the man did not get high only pretended he did. it a grand car no more.

I never saw the movie....before my time....Belushi was a talented comedian...I agree with Ed that the fact that he pretended to, or actually used drugs in the car, adds no value. Belushi died as a result of drug abuse...nothing to celebrate! The ambulance on the other hand, now that is something to admire!

I would think that this thing would be worth $5000 on the top end in its present condition, regardless of its minor role in a movie.

Back