New Section request

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
With all the changes this site has gone through in the last couple weeks with the addition of new sections, I have a suggestion for another new section.

That is... a "WANTED / PARTS NEEDED" section.

This would be where people could list their parts needs.

If you are looking for a fender, windshield, trim, etc. you could list it here and others would be able to help you find your needs.

If you have a parts car or know where there is one in a scrap yard, you could pass on the info to the person in need.

This would be a great way to help members find what they are looking for.

The listing could be up for a week, month, year or two, until the part is found and the member posts the part is found. At that time the thread could be deleted.

An example thread would be:

Paul Steinburg

Have a 1962 Cadillac Eureka 3way Hearse.

Looking for a rear tail light lens, passenger side.

Contact info: 1-888-555-1234 or parts@paul.com

I know there are lots of people looking for parts and could really use this section and our members help.

Here's one example I read today:

I need a couple trim pieces for my 49 S&S and have been searching since 2003 with no luck.

I know there are members who are coming across cars in scrap yards all the time. If they knew someone was looking for a certain part, they could either take a photo, get the part and sell it to them or pass on the location of the part. Whatever way works best.

Attila would be a great example of someone who locates cars and parts.
If he, or any other member always looking through scrap yards, know what people were looking for, I'm sure people would find their parts faster.

Cars in scrap yards don't often get posted on sites like ebay, so this would be a great way to SAVE TIME, MONEY and USE of MEMBERS.

Post your thoughts regarding the above suggestion and hopefully it happens.

Just trying to get people what they need faster.

Darren

By the way, the new INTRODUCE YOURSELF section is FANTASTIC !
:applause:

Back