Ful Vue Light Casting Numbers

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
These are the casting part numbers that I took from the Ful Vue lights that are mounted on my 1969 Miller Meteor 48" Classic (later called Volunteer).. I would assume that the 1970 is identical roof line.

350-655224 - Right Front
350-655225 - Left Front
350-655226 - Left Rear
350-655227 - Right Rear

For those that have never seen this ID Plate. Don't know why, but not all the lights came with them.

Attachments

• miller  decal.jpg
    miller decal.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 851
Here's what I have,

Demountable set on my 1973 M-M Combo,
Left hand side- 350-655 221
Right hand side- 350-655 220

Shelf unit in my office at home,
Right hand side- 350-655 220, 1967 M-M ambulance label on base.

The ones on my 73 actually are from a 67 M-M combo out of Illinois.

Bonus info!

Bulb info,
GRIMES A-7079B-12
14 V 40W 36 2

Lid casting number,
350-64-5225

Motor info,
Badder-Brown,
Model-D305 H65 12 DC 1.8 Amps

Lens number,
GRIMES G-6966 or 6968 last number blurred. Info found on top edge of lens.

I have since learned that only the front lights had the label on them, and that Miller Meteor wasn't very consistant in installing these labels either. I got this information from Tom Caserta at the Picqua meet in 2010. He also told me that the bases were cast "in house".

The four that I just acquired are:

Front Right: 350-715252
Front Left: 350-715253
Rear Right: 350-715250
Rear Left: 350-715251

The two front ones have the name plates. These 4 lights were original equipment on a Criterion.

The mechanism is different in the the various lights. Three have plastic frames for the motor and gears, one has a metal frame. I'll try to attach photos to show the difference.

Does anyone know if extra lens are easier to find than the lights? One of mine has a crack, the others are in good shape.

Attachments

• Full-Vu metal frame.jpg
    Full-Vu metal frame.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 717
  • Full-Vu plastic frame.jpg
    Full-Vu plastic frame.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 689
You can tell by the pictures that these two lights are from different vintages. One has a metal horseshoe bracket that doesn't require a ground, and what looks like a metal gear, and the other is a polycarbonate horseshoe bracket that requires a grounding attachment part. This would indicate to me that these two light numbers were used across a bunch of production years. What year and model ambulance are you planning on using these lights on?

Don't know if your roof line is different than my 1969, however, here is a picture for comparison. The lights you purchased have a different casting number on them then the lights that I removed from my 1969 for the roof restoration. Have you place them on the roof to see how they fit the contour? Hard to believe that this is the same car in the 3 pictures that I took last year, and the one in front of the City Hall on the day that they took it out of service. The "thermometer" in the background of the car shows how much money was raised for the purchase of the new box type ambulance that they had purchased. It is a shame that it sat outside weathering for 10 years before I purchased it. The man that I bought it from got the car from his brother who bought it at the county auction with another person that later died. I never did find out what their original thoughts were for the car, however, it remained unmolested all those years. Even the studded snow tires were still on it when I got it delivered.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,052
  • last day 2.jpg
    last day 2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 606
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 604
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 603
Have not had an opportunity to put them up on the roof to check. The car is several miles away in the shop. You may remember the photo of the sorry looking car being driven away on the flatbed tow truck a few weeks ago.

Looking at the contour of the base, I'm pretty sure the back lights will be OK. Not as sure about the front.

SA

Time to revive this old thread, and possibly get some additional information. Please post pictures of the lights with the casting numbers on the base, along with the year of application and body style. Here is a picture of a 1970 Miller Meteor with fender mounted Ful Vue lights. I would say that this was a rather rare option, since this is the only picture that I have seen to date. I would love to know the casting number of this unit. Anyone have one?

Attachments

• 70_MM_54_ful-vue.jpg
    70_MM_54_ful-vue.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 595
No casting numbers, but here's one with the lights on the hood:

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/album.php?albumid=99&pictureid=1780

picture.php

Ful Vu/Miller-Meteor light motors

FYI. The model 305 M-M Ful Vu light motor as pictured in this thread is availible for those of you that want new motors. After seeing the info on this thread I stopped by the shop today. The guy at the counter gave me a price of $24 per motor. He does not have many and when they are gone they are gone. I think these would fit well into a USPS flat rate box. I am guessing the total cost with shipping would be in the area of $35 per motor. The gears on the motors he has may not be the same gear as what is on your present motor. Baader Brown does not make the plastic gears. He does not have a current supplier for them.
PM me if you are interested in new Ful Vu motors.
Mike

69 - 70 m+m

Yes there is no difference in the 69/70. I drove and worked out of both years and cars. They were identical roof lines in the 48" ambulance. 70 marked the first year for the lifeliner. There were not many built.

Someone confirmed to me that the Honeywell Grimes part number for the Ful Vu lens is G-6966.

I did a search, and found a source that indicates they have some in stock.

Before you jump for joy, the price is $2190.10. :eek: Each. :eek::eek:

I paid less than that for my whole ambulance, with 4 of them.

That is the correct part number, and if I could get half of that, my retirement fund would be fully funded for another decade. About 10 years ago, I hunted down all that were NOS and reasonably priced.

Back