Soggy 2015 Federal

BUT THE OTHER FLOOD CARS WE OWNED , WERE STARTED VERY EASILY AND WITH VERY LITTLE EXPENSE, WE DRAINED AND REPLACED ALL THE FLUIDS, NEW BATTERY, NEW PLUGS AND WIRES.
THEN SPENT ABOUT 5 HOURS DETAILING IT AND YOU SHOULD HAVE A NEW HEARSE AGAIN.

You can also surf at El Mirage lake here in Ca. You just have to look out for the sand sharks.:rolleyes:

Have had many flood cars over the years this looks like it was fresh water not too bad to fix. Salt water it would be just about junk if not now in a few years. Problem with todays cars is there is SO MUCH electronics. Electronics do not like water, damage is not bad IF THE BATTERY WAS DISCONNECTED when the water came up. If it drowned with the battery hooked up you can figure every module and computer in it is cooked. The seller fails to state how deep it was in so dash could be OK, how deep is the key. Insurance companys total floods very easily as they have the highest recovery percentage as salvage. This could well have had water up just to the seat bottoms who knows. My godson bought a Bimmer convertible flooder and the water was just up on the floor. He pulled the seats cleaned the mats and all was well, bought the car 20k under the money.

She Ain't Heavy...?

Looks awfully LOW in the back...
I guess if you're a gambler....but, the only time I've been to Vegas was for a wedding :0

we have not cleaned it up or got it running selling as is for 40 big one's. I would pass. unless you wanted a large lawn ornament. salvage value on it can't be 10 and I would bet it's closer to 5.

Would be an excellent parts car for A damaged unit, but not for 40-K. Back in the 80's I worked for A wholesale car dealer who bought several flood cars. When I left over 2 years later, he still had 2 of them. Even though we took them apart and dried them out properly and sanitized them, they had persistent electrical gremlins. :(

So far as value goes the insurance companys figure a recovery of at least 25% on flood vehicle losses generally more on rare or high priced stuff I have seen flood vehicles do over 80% when damage is slight. Assuming low miles (it is a Hearse) the payout should have been over 80K. If you go to Copart.com you will find thousands of flood losses check prices near the end of auction compared to book value listed your eyes will be opened wide. Again the deciding factor with this unit is fresh or salt water and how deep was it in? Since its a 2015 chances of finding used electrical parts would be slim and new will be like funding a NASA launch. Looks like seller has its twin brother next to it. Guess he is waiting to see how this flies.

This would not in anyway have been sold by the owner unless he bought it back from the insurance company. This Hearse would in all likelyhood have been sold through Copart in La. they have a yard in Baton Rouge.It would have been an on line auction with bidding ending on a given date. There would have been a buyers fee and other fees to Copart. Copart is a worldwide salvage disposal service that many major and minor insurance companies use to dispose of salvage. The chances are the Hearse would have brought more than 25% in one of their auctions as stuff does not usually go cheap. Go to Copart.com and explore.One of my Police Dept. customers wrecked their 2014 Explorer it was totaled (hit in the front responding to a call with siren and lights) at my urging they bought it back for $1000.00. So far one of the cops backed another Explorer into a pole ruining the tailgate and rear bumper repair estimate $3450.00 deductible $1000.00 check from ins. co. $2450.00. Pulled the gate and bumper from wreck so its now paid for itself and then some and lots more to go. My guess on the Federal Hearse is the seller is in it for over $30000.00.

Back Re-Listed at $29,900 !

Reality set it...a $10k drop in price.
Has it listed with a "V-6"(?), same pitch and artificial turf front yard.

Pretty sure this is same dealer there have been warnings issued before...
The soggy '15's are listed as a Louisiana flood victim, same site that has a '64 (GB...cough cough) listed as a '59... for quite a long time....
adesa.org

Back