New Find

There was a young fellow from Massachusetts on the previous message board that had a 78 or 79 AHA Lincoln and I believe he had it at the Daytona Meet. I dont remember his name though. A 79 Lincoln more than likely had the 400cid engine. Coachbuilt.com has some good info on AHA and Andy Hotton.

There was a young fellow from Massachusetts on the previous message board that had a 78 or 79 AHA Lincoln and I believe he had it at the Daytona Meet. I dont remember his name though. A 79 Lincoln more than likely had the 400cid engine. Coachbuilt.com has some good info on AHA and Andy Hotton.

was told this one has the 460 which I would prefer overr the 400 so will see when it gets here in a week or so.

That certainly was a handsome coach design. I don't think the 460 engine was offerred in '79, but the 400 was/is enough to power one of these. I have had Lincolns of this vintage with both engines, and didn't really notice much diff in performance.

Nice find. You know what we need now don't you???? Josh

I'll make sure Danny posts a few good ones for you! :pelt3:

In the meantime, here are couple to give you an idea. Please excuse the dust. The car's been hiding in a dust cocoon in a funeral home's garage. :D

This is also the only AHA car I've seen with this design/treatment behind the rear side windows. I actually think it's a much more finished look than the opera and porthole windows that were more common (if you call the other three AHA Lincolns we know of "common"!).

Attachments

• 20312802654_ORIG.jpg
    20312802654_ORIG.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 399
  • Lincoln_020.jpg
    Lincoln_020.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 401
Adam, thanks for posting the pics.:wowguy: Danny, I love it, cant wait to see this one. Heres the one Rick was talking about.

Josh

Attachments

• 79 AHA Lincoln 2.jpg
    79 AHA Lincoln 2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 378
  • 79 AHA Lincoln 3.jpg
    79 AHA Lincoln 3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 372
Hey Josh, the grey car is same style as one I am getting which according to your last picture means they called it Landau. Grey car is neat. I like stuff like these cause they are different and not alot out there. This may replace the 85 eureka that Peter Jennings got from me as I still have that slot open.

Thanks Josh. That grey 1979 Landau model was the one in Daytona, but I forgot the owner's name. There is also a dark blue that belongs to PCS member, Dan Heaman (or used to), which is also a 1979 but a Viceroy model. The only other AHA I know of is this Viceroy model that's been modified. Unsure of the year...

Attachments

• AHA Lincoln hearse.jpg
    AHA Lincoln hearse.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 224

That was Leonard Marovelli. Doesn't looks like he's a member of the new message board, but he was on the old one if you need to contact him.

Hey Josh, the grey car is same style as one I am getting which according to your last picture means they called it Landau. Grey car is neat. I like stuff like these cause they are different and not alot out there. This may replace the 85 eureka that Peter Jennings got from me as I still have that slot open.

Actually, it's different. Your new car is not on that ad as one of the four models shown. The Landau model had a much smaller triangle section behind the side window, chrome band, and split vinyl top. Special customer order maybe??? Which means at the moment, it's a one of one like it that I know of....

Adam, I noticed missing crome triangle and wondered where it went. Don't look like it ever had one being emblem in center of that area?

In a side by side comparison, I also notice the top edge of the fender where the chrome trim sits is slightly different too....

Attachments

• landau.JPG
    landau.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 214
If this coach is a 1979 and is completely stock, it can only have the 400 motor. The 400 was the only engine offering in the full-size Lincolns for 1979.

The 400 was introduced as an optional engine for the 1977 models for the fuel-economy minded, while the 460 remained the standard engine.

For the 1978s, the 400 became standard and the 460 was the optional engine.

For 1979, the 460 wasn't offered at all.

I either own or have at least driven both coaches and normal Lincolns from 1977-1979 with both engines. Personal opinion is that the 460 is overrated. I think the only reason the 460 is the perferred engine amoung collectors is for no reason other than being able to say "I have the 460".

In my own experience, the 460 seems to have more low end torque, afterall, it was also Ford's preferred truck engine, but as far as acceleration, top speed, and performance, I think both the 400 and the 460 are pretty near identical. The one BIG difference I have between the two engines is that the 460 does have a much larger appetite for fuel.

Good engine comparison there Patrick. My experience with both is the 400 tends not to hold up as well in the long haul but I didn't realize the 460 was not available in the 79 lincoln so guess I will be getting a 400 but with 36k it should be good for a while.

I have a 1977 Lincoln hearse with the 400, with 216,000 miles on it, and also a 1979 Mark V with 136,000 on its 400, so longevity has definitely not been an issue for me. :)

Ford only made the 400 for a few years, and its known for not holding up very well, and to a lot of Ford guys, its also known as the boat anchor. They made a lot more torque than horse power, but were great for pulling. I myself have owned a few fords with the 400, and its about half and half for me. A couple were great running motors with no problems, and a couple were junk. I personally think its all in how they were treated and maintained.

Hey Adam, this makes me think of something I've always wondered, what is in your car?

Josh

Back