'90-'92 RWD Cadillac starters

John Burchfield

PCS Life Member
Well, when I tried to post this a couple of hours ago the site seemed to be down-did anyone else experience this? I came in from the barn garage hot & bothered, grease dust on face and a favorite t-shirt, etc. The supposed "15 minute job" of replacing the bad starter on my '92 Brougham (RWD, 5.7L) hit a snag. I got the thing loose easily enough, but I'll be danged if I can get the thing out! Transmission cooler lines and exhaust pipes are in the way. Do I need to remove the sheet metal at the bottom of the transmission covering the flywheel to get the starter out? Though not directly pro-car related, there ARE plenty of hearses out there on this chassis, and it's blocking my pit which I need to use for an oil change and check-out of the '69 M-M if I'm going to bring it to Piqua in 2 weeks! Any help is greatly appreciated:893USA-Smilie-thumb ! To add insult to injury, I noticed something looking like brake fluid puddling under the front bumper of the '67 Crown. Funny place for brake fluid, but I wonder if a front wheel cylinder is leaking and running down the bumper somehow. One thing at a time though-the '92 is the chief parts getter for its professional car stablemates.

To add insult to injury, I noticed something looking like brake fluid puddling under the front bumper of the '67 Crown. Funny place for brake fluid, but I wonder if a front wheel cylinder is leaking and running down the bumper somehow. One thing at a time though-the '92 is the chief parts getter for its professional car stablemates.

Cant help you with the starter, but as far as a wheel cylinder leaking from the bumper thats not going to happen. A wheel cylinder would leak between the backing plate and drum and run down the tire.
Just a note, if anyonw has a leaking wheel cylinder be sure to replace the brake shoes/pads even if they look new. The brake fluid will soak into the linings and ruin them.

they did shoe horn that starter in. other then it's better you then me I can't off a lot of advice on it. but I'll let you know every time I try to get on line in a condition like you were in I can do it either.

Back