Rear Heater & A.C. Blower Switches 4 Superior Ambulances

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
For those of you who own '69-'76 Superior ambulances:

Are the original rear A.C. and heater switches(located on right inner fender well) the exact same, 3-speed, switches? I am taking the rear A.C. out of my '74 parts car and installing it in my '75 54" ambulance, which did not have factory rear A.C. The rear A.C. switch on the parts car had been replaced with a common on/off toggle switch at some time, which is not correct. I am assuming that I can just use the spare heater swith that I have for the A.C. controls??

I should mention that the A.C. unit that I am installing is the one that is located in the partition, not the right fender well.

You need to determine what the on / off switch did. If it was controlling the blower speed, then what you have will work. If it was a bypass to turn on the compressor, when the front cabin a/c wasn't activated, then you need to keep it. You need to do some more detective work before you will know exactly how everything is wired. The only thing that is consistent in professional car wiring is the inconsistency of the people doing the installation.

Back