Bush funeral

Sorry guys, I do understand your thoughts on prestige and presentation, but to most combat vets that flag looks a lot more appropriate with the fold marks showing.
Not sure I can explain why, but folds are appropriate to a flag that has been in inventory waiting for the warrior it will accompany to the grave and send off to the next world.
Only a flag grade officer would specify starched & ironed and ain't many of them ever been right in the head.

Just my thoughts, yours may differ.

Sorry guys, I do understand your thoughts on prestige and presentation, but to most combat vets that flag looks a lot more appropriate with the fold marks showing.
Not sure I can explain why, but folds are appropriate to a flag that has been in inventory waiting for the warrior it will accompany to the grave and send off to the next world.
Only a flag grade officer would specify starched & ironed and ain't many of them ever been right in the head.

Just my thoughts, yours may differ.

That is very interesting. We scramble to have an ironed flag but more times than not it comes out of the box, the military detail goes through a mock flag folding, then back on the casket.

Back