Full set Grimes Lights

James Fischer

PCS Member
Anyone looking for a set of these ??
Really look nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ambulance-H...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43bcd7fc96&vxp=mtr

$(KGrHqZ,!qgFGekKZpYsBRulbTPu5g~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:
the interesting thing is there have been cars with 4 of these on them that sold for less then that. these are a sharp set. gives you a idea what they looked like new. brushed not polished.

Last edited:
Name one MM ambulance that had 4 good Ful-Vu lights still attached that sold for less than $1800 in the last 5 years Ed. Picture, location, price, date, and I'll eat crow. If not - that heaping helping is yours. No parallel to what stuff sold for 20 years ago.

Does 11 years ago count? (November, 2002, MD, I won't say the price but it fits the criteria.)

There's a crow standing on the roof of my garage right now, if you'd like me to catch it for you... ;)

Attachments

• DSC02881s.JPG
    DSC02881s.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
sometimes

Sometimes the parts are worth more to some people than the whole car, truck, motorcycle or whatever. That is why a lot of items get parted out. The price is always right if you are selling and someone is paying.
Mike

Name one MM ambulance that had 4 good Ful-Vu lights still attached that sold for less than $1800 in the last 5 years Ed. Picture, location, price, date, and I'll eat crow. If not - that heaping helping is yours. No parallel to what stuff sold for 20 years ago.

I have bought two criterions in last five years with both having four working ful Vu's and each car cost me less than $1800. THey were not in great shape but there.

there was 4 of them on a 69 I Know of that sold out west for under that. around 5 years ago. one sitting in the junk yard in Rapid that had 4 on it. it was sold for 500 bucks. the lights move quickly in to the back off it though never to surface again.

OK guys, we have all "stolen" a car at some point. Some of us have been lucky enough to have done it more than once. The fact is this set of 4 Grimes lights in this condition are worth the seller's asking price.

Example: I purchased the 1969 Imperial Lebaron in the attached photo 2 years ago for $1000. It is a one-owner car with 69,000 actual miles, original paint, and no rust. I bought it out of the garage that it lived in since it was delivered new(I have the original paperwork). I would say that the car was easily worth at least $3500 on the day that I purchased it. This photo was taken on the day I bought it. What I gave for it has nothing to do with its market value.

This set of lights is worth $1800 and I am sure that they will sell.

Attachments

• '69 Imperial 001.jpg
    '69 Imperial 001.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 167
  • '69 Imperial 002.jpg
    '69 Imperial 002.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 163
OK guys, we have all "stolen" a car at some point. Some of us have been lucky enough to have done it more than once. The fact is this set of 4 Grimes lights in this condition are worth the seller's asking price.

Example: I purchased the 1969 Imperial Lebaron in the attached photo 2 years ago for $1000. It is a one-owner car with 69,000 actual miles, original paint, and no rust. I bought it out of the garage that it lived in since it was delivered new(I have the original paperwork). I would say that the car was easily worth at least $3500 on the day that I purchased it. This photo was taken on the day I bought it. What I gave for it has nothing to do with its market value.

This set of lights is worth $1800 and I am sure that they will sell.

Nice Imperial Kurt, what a find!

I agree with everything you said Kurt. The fact is that if I had the money "and I don't" I would buy them myself.

nothing in anyones post stated these lights were over priced. for a man wanting them one had better grab them. I'm looking at getting half that in the proper taillights for my 53. the truth of it is your can buy a parts car cheaper then the parts off the car. fair market value is what I just sold it for right now.
fair market value is really what the average person is will to pay. how many repeat cars do we see sitting in someones back yard that is over priced. it must be over priced as no one has bought it yet. for the man will to look and wait for the deal to surface, will there out there. sets like these come along few and far between. all I can say is don't drop it.

but at this price I would think re popping them would be profitable.

While doing an internet search, I found this old post from 2010 on a different forum, where they said that $1200 isn't a bad price for a set of Full Vu lights (manufactured by Grimes) in decent shape. It sure looks to me like the ones we're talking about now are in near mint condition.

Forgive me if this has already been asked before, but I wonder if the Grimes company would ever consider doing a limited run of Full Vu lights? If they still have the tooling, or the ability to create it, they may be able to do a limited production run and make some profit, if there were enough buyers. If not Grimes, perhaps an after-market company doing a reproduction run. Although the demand would be limited, since these were a M-M exclusive (it appears a few later C+Bs may have also ended up with Full Vu lights on them as well).

Last edited:
It's not that they aren't worth the price - they probably are. But Atti asked if anyone had bought a whole car, with Ful-Vus, for less, and a couple of us have.

The fact is, I've found several other M-M ambulances recently for less, but the Ful-Vus have been stripped off of them. So it's gonna be really hard (not impossible) to find a full ambulance with the lights still on them.

The moral is, if you need 'em, buy 'em.

buy em and make 50% on your money 12 months from now when someone will need them. cant make that on your money in the bank. old car lot rule besides buy low, sell high is double your money and add 95.

Lights

Sometimes the parts are worth more to some people than the whole car, truck, motorcycle or whatever. That is why a lot of items get parted out. The price is always right if you are selling and someone is paying.
Mike

This is a friends quote / Today's stupid price is tomorrows bargain :)

While doing an internet search, I found this old post from 2010 on a different forum, where they said that $1200 isn't a bad price for a set of Full Vu lights (manufactured by Grimes) in decent shape. It sure looks to me like the ones we're talking about now are in near mint condition.

That was me in 2010. At the time, I thought the price was high. But there were few alternatives. Here were four available and I needed them. Ended up selling the '71 that they were originally supposed to be installed on. They are on the '68 now.

Tried to buy some others at one point for spare parts but not as willing to pay the asking price at that time. I need one red lens at some point. But for now I'm glad I bought them.

The lights that are the subject of this thread look outstanding. They won't be cheaper in the future. If you need them, then bite the bullet and write the check.

Back