I think I need a Cole Hersee 24059 Solenoid...

It has been packed away for several years now, but I want to get my B&M SC8B siren working.

I want to mount it on some type of solid wood platform so that I can take it with whatever vehicle I an in while attending the meets.

I am able to get it running (and it sounds awesome!), but it is with a direct positive/ground connection. I think that I need the above mentioned solenoid to make it complete. According to the wiring diagram, I need the Cole Hersee 24059 to be able to hook it up correctly and also make the brake work.

Can anyone lend a hand with this project?

Do I need the solenoid? What other switches do I need?

Thanks all!

Chuck

I'm taking it you want to set it on a board and use a push button switch to run if off a battery? the wiring diagram we posted here would be the way to wire it and a continuous duty solenoid is all you need. you can find them on e-bay at a fairly good price. if your only hooking it up to temporary power as with jumper cable on the power source then a ford starter solenoid would work. the big this is if the amps get to arcing it will stick. your using jumpers all you have to do is unhook them. the a push button starter switch to trip the solenoid and a toggle to power the brake. they tell me the B&M keeps power on for the brake and you need to turn it off the run

The brake on the B & M is released by putting power to it, before you engage the siren. The Cole Hersee solenoid is available at either Carquest or NAPA. Go to the B & M website by clicking on the advertising banner at the top of every page. Once you are there, you can view the pictures that show how to wire the unit. The only thing that you will be doing is to have the siren mounted to the power source with jumper cables, which will not matter to the siren. You should also use a Cole Hersee 9035 push button switch to activate the solenoid. If you want to go all out, you can order the 83280-02 red push button rubber cap for the switch to give it the professional look.

Thanks for the information guys.

I have the wiring diagram. It came with the siren. That is how I got the name of the solenoid. I hooked it up direct power to the battery the other day and it works good with straight power to it.

I am looking to make a display for it that would be portable. I could leave it in the shelf at the house here for display and then just pick up the whole display unit and take it to shows or cruises with me to actually use the siren.

I will check out the options that you two listed and see what I want to get into.

Again, thanks for the info!

We make a demo stand for the very reason you mentioned. Several members have them. An on/off toggle switch, Cole Hersee 24059 Solenoid and a Linemaster 491S clamshell switch work quite nicely. I you were at the International Meet in Albany you learned the true meaning of wanton auditory abuse from such a demo stand. I never want to see that crazed look in Jeremy's eyes again. :stars:

Back