Rough 1957 Chevrolet National Combination

I've seen worse examples of Tri-Five Chevys revived. A lot of the underbody metal is available in the aftermarket. The rear door opening rust is kind of unsettling but should be doable.

The only thing that really screams out at me is the TH400 swap over. If they did not replace the original four point mounting front mounts (hope I make sense) changing the trans mount from the original side mounts to a rear mount puts a lot more downward strain on the bellhousing of the transmission. While not likely to crack I have seen it happen.

The correct fix is to use side mounts on the engine instead of the front ones by the timing cover. Unfortunately if that is the original block it will not have casting bosses for the mounts. First year for that was 1958 IIRC.

From my old hot rodding days....

this one is a make over. they must have relisted it once can see from the people that have jumped on it there 10,000 to high on the car.

BUT its a 57 Chevrolet exit Pro car folks enter big bucks street/resto rodders watch! Just spent two days with God son at Mecem auction in Harrisburg Pa. the $$$ spent on street/resto just blew me away. He got a bargain beautiful 39 La Salle 502 chev vintage air stock body escalade seats car runs and drives A-1 and its comfortble not my cup of tea but I will give it its due. $30K it was a steal. NO PRO cars in sale at all and over 1000 vehicles

Back