'61, '62, '63 plus who knows?

I was granted permission to take pictures of the master key only. Doing so was easier than searching/writing numerous vehicles down. Sample:

5621558241_ecf1881d8d_b.jpg

rear bumper

the rear bumper ends are CC specific items. Single lights instead of the oval twin housing for all other Cadillacs. Get me a price for the whole bumper. Too bad he will not allow pictures.
Thanks,
Mike

How far gone was the 60 Cad conv? I found a 54 bumper today so I can finally cross that off the list. Do you know if any of the 54-55 sedans had rear power window switches?

Didn't check any of those out Jim. May have to take a small army with me next trip to pull all the desired parts AND check out cars (like the '49 Caddy convertible) on the remaining 70+ acres in one day. :smiley3:

One car I walked by was a '61 Cadillac convertible that had both front and rear damage. Other than top bows and sunvisors missing - all the other convertible specific parts were still present. Don't see 'verts that aren't already completely stripped out often...yet it was sort of the norm here. Passed a '61 Buick convertible that was intact with the exception of the top that had weathered away. Was actually disappointed as from a distance I thought it was a Pontiac - much more rare. Heh.

Heck I can't recall the last yard that even had a number of VW split window buses. No Sambas but I saw at least 6, mainly combis, and one panel.

'50s & '60s station wagons out the wazoo. Same with panels. How about a row of Dodge A100s all lined up including an ex-school bus and two ex-army units? Speaking of school buses, there were over like 150 from the '40s and '50s.

Every time I walk by a '61 Imperial with a good rear clip I think about making it into a wing back chair.

Seriously can't wait to return.

Denny, the only two lenses left on the '72 Superior were amber, maybe 5 1/2" in diameter, on front portion of raised roof.

Russ, when the owner calls with all that pricing (finally), I'll ask about the license surround.

Todd, I covered less than a fourth of the school buses. Great idea for lenses! I was looking for Superiors for a different reason... When prompted, the owner didn't know if any were Superior and suggested I check them all out. On agenda already next trip.

Russ, when the owner calls with all that pricing (finally), I'll ask about the license surround.

Todd, I covered less than a fourth of the school buses. Great idea for lenses! I was looking for Superiors for a different reason... When prompted, the owner didn't know if any were Superior and suggested I check them all out. On agenda already next trip.

The school buses are a good source also for flashers and switches too.

Little disappointed prices are taking this long. Managed to get through this morning. He hasn't made time to go up the mountain yet and check different conditions on items not recalled. He admitted that most people want a price on just a couple items and submitting a list caught him off guard. Patience isn't my strong suit. :rolleyes:

On the plus side, there has been strong interest in both the '62 and '63 Superior Pontiacs. Wouldn't surprise me if at least 2 procars (and a plethora of parts) found better homes. :thumb:

3/4 of the parts have prices. Woot! :bounce:

For self pull in the AM, they are 33-50% of what one would expect on eBay. PM prices almost double - no joke. Owner extends morning pricing through 1pm. He really likes his afternoons unbothered! A hurdle I foresee is pulling all the needed items within that 5 hour window. :confused2:

Additional incentive is provided by bulk price drops on like items (glass and jump seats primarily).

Really pumped to acquire a few items I need. :D

The two best restoration candidates, '62 Superior Pontiac limo combination and '63 Superior landau combination, have been priced at $1350/pick or $2500/pr. More than fair for the '63. '62 requires more attention and seems a little high. Working on allowing pictures of them.

What I don't want to do is snag jump seats and glass out of any coach to reach bulk pricing, then have someone want to buy that coach a month later.

Review my descriptions of what decent parts remain and ask questions about others. Spare glass is worth piece of mind. I've cleaned my PMs out and can handle more now. Not comfortable revealing location details publicly but will add that this is less than 7 hours from the OH international meet. Enough are attending that parts delivery there can be arranged, as opposed to shipping. Can think of at least one PCS member attending that is only a couple hours from this spot.

Mike and Brendan - your two items haven't been priced yet. I'll try again in the morning.

I'm interested in a `54 Pontiac rear bumper for my `54 Superior that is in reasonable shape. Mine is twisted and actually torn in a few places.

Russ, I won't know about the license surround until there in person again. If cheap, I'll pick it up for you.

Can anyone here confirm if '63-'64 MM rear door glass is the same used from '59-'62? I've been told that along with interior redesign for '63 probably came new glass.

Already figured out that '59-'64 Superior uses the same piece.

Had the option of being locked in yard all afternoon - and jumped on the opportunity! 11 hours in there today removing parts and scouting further. Drained.

Walked another 30 acres+/- and feel I've seen a little over half of the total cars. Located two more procars owner had forgotten about:

'51 Miller high top Army ambulance
'54 Cadillac Series 75 non-divider limo (still has jump seats)

Miller is tightly pinned in. Looking through the windshield shows the rear area is intact.

Limo was driven through '80s. Aggressive restoration project but could yield many parts - including jump seats.

Learned more about why pictures are not allowed - of cars specifically. Well that opened the door to portions thereof. He is that amazing embroidered snowflake pattern:

5670782973_e5f8480ec6_b.jpg

They're probably larger than you think too:

5670780461_6f17aa214e_b.jpg

Sconces were already gone. Did manage to secure many great parts though (and of course took many pics after buying). This time a select few here may ruin them for everyone however.

Saw a juvenile 4" blue five-lined skink next to the '63 MM in leaves. Later saw an adult pair in the '63 Superior Pontiac and was quick enough to snap macro in between them freaking out. 8" and beautiful (first and last time I ever use that phrase).

5670876945_7b26d73372_b.jpg

Would say they were my excitement for today but two ticks found after driving away trump them.

Back